Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What am I Doin Wrong? >

What am I Doin Wrong?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What am I Doin Wrong?

Old 11-06-2008, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default What am I Doin Wrong?

I live on Long Island, and all of my hunting is on public land, (County and state). I see a few deer, but all does. I have yet to see a buck. I see lots of big bucks taken, but I have never seen one.
The deer here are different from anywhere else. The ratio here is soo far out of whack that calling, rattling or scents don't work. I have found rubs, but never a scrape. And I have not been able to find any pattern to their movements. They have come from all different directions at any time.
Am I doin something wrong that I cannot find any bucks?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What am I Doin Wrong?

If you're hunting most of the year where a lot of does are......yeah....you're doing something wrong if your intent is to see bucks. The two don't mix.

If you're seeing does right now.....it's your BEST chance to see a buck.

As a general rule.....bucks don't hang out where does frequent. When the rut kicks in....all bets are off....and the opposite is the case. If you hunt where the does are....sooner or later the bucks will show up. I know that to be true. I hunted that way for 3 seasons.