Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What a great week its been! >

What a great week its been!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a great week its been!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default What a great week its been!

Well here is the story. Today is my 3rd wedding anniversary and I called my wife about noon and wished her a happy anniversary and then remembered I hadnt gotten her a card or anything yet. I go to the Hallmark, get a card and some little trinket thingy and head home. The freakin wind is blowing from the North at about 15 or 20 mph...leaves flying everywhere. At about 2 pm my wife called and said she would be a little late and wouldnt be home until about 6 ish.

Since I hadnt been in the woods since Saturday when I killed my big buck I figured that I would get dressed and go sit in the woods for a couple hours and be home when she got home. With the wind blowing like it was, my best stand would be the one that happens to be the farthest to get to. I keep all of my camo in a cooler with a couple fresh earth dryer sheets so when I get to the gate I noticed that the lid had blown off the cooler and one of my socks was gone. Since I was in my sandles I had to put my boots on with only a left sock on my foot[:@].

So anyway I finally get to my stand and hang a tinks wick, climb my sticks and when I sit down I noticed how much different it looked with all of the leaves blown off the trees and how much more visibility I had. About 30 minutes passed and I noticed about 6 does crossing the creek downwind of me. I figured I would get winded because I was so unprepared (no scent shower, sweating, and wearing only one sock in my nasty hunting boots. It didnt happen...they walked right underneath my tree and all of a sudden one of them stopped, put her nose up in the air...and I let her have a Muzzy for dinner. Complete pass through both lungs but she ran like I had missed her completely! At this time the woods goes nuts...looked like pop corn poppin with all of the deer running. I nocked another arrow and waited. Passed on a few smaller does and a wierd 3 point 2 yr old and then gathered my stuff and climbed down to get my arrow. I still thought I had completely missed her until I saw the arrow and the red carpet. I trailed it for about 40 yrds into some smaller cedars and there she was...and it the sun had just went down. I looked at my cell phone to see what time it was and it said 5:15. I was gonna get in trouble for not being home for dinner on our anniversary...oh well.

I had to drag her 1/4 mile, over two creeks, up a ridge...and then put her ass in the truck. I called my wife to see how close to home she was and she said,"why, did you go hunting and kill a deer or something?"

Women are pretty damn smart!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What a great week its been!

Congratulations..... Loverboy.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice doe, congrats
Old 11-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats
Old 11-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats and Happy Anniversary Jeff!!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats, nice doe!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Congrats and Happy Anniversary Jeff!!
Thanks Steve! I hope you do well today and the weather cooperates with ya. Im waiting for you to post a monster this year! The rut is just now going on here and so far so good with my season. Two kills in two hunts since Saturday and wont be able to get back in the woods until this coming up Saturday. Im going back to the area I put the 9 point down Saturday morning.

Again...thanks and the best of luck today!!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Spike

Married during hunting season? Ouch, might be a man law violation. JK, nice doe
Old 11-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCBloodtrailer

Married during hunting season? Ouch, might be a man law violation. JK, nice doe
Obviously you know who set that date!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Spike

Man, Im have already let my wife know that the kids birthdates, if at all possible, will occur in some other season other than autumn (or spring turkey season).