Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage/Snyper users.....Pass Thru's? >

Rage/Snyper users.....Pass Thru's?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage/Snyper users.....Pass Thru's?

Old 11-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Rage/Snyper users.....Pass Thru's?

I'm starting to worry a bit. These heads are devastating.....but I'm thinking back and trying to remember how many complete "stick in the ground" pass-thru's I've had with them......and the number isn't very high. In reality.....it's 1-2 out of 10-11.

Are they burning up THAT much energy after they enter?

Before I get carried away....I'd like to hear what your experience with pass-thru's has been if you use either of these heads.

Thanks.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage/Snyper users.....Pass Thru's?

I've been saying this is an issue w/ rages from the very start. very devastating wounds, that's for sure. but you DO NOT get pass thru's like you do w/ heads like muzzy.

shot 4 deer with only 1 pass thru.

before that i shot 11 deer and all but 2 (that I can remember) were pass thru.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a doe that my brother shot earlier this year with the 2 blade Rage. He shot it at about 10 yards, with an '08 101st. His draw weight is set in between 60-63#. I don't remember the exact number. He didn't get a pass thru, but the arrow was sticking out about 5 inches in the opposite armpit.
In the end it's a dead deer, that only went about 60 yards in a circle before dying.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:25 AM

Jeff, I have taken 3 deer with mine and had one pass thru, granted I shot 2 in the spine so can't really say on those. The question is.....are they dead ?? Yes. How many kills do you have with those heads compared to how many you don't??
Old 11-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

I will throw my two-cents into the arguement, but my sample size is small - I shot a doe with a rage 3 blade a couple of weeks ago - it entered near the back rib and exited right behind the other shoulder. It blew a HUGE hole in her and was laying several feet on the other side. On top of that I could never get a muzzy to fly as true to my field points as I can the rage.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

Out of the 3 deer this year...one of my shots was not a pass through. All my other shots have passed. The snypers have a smaller cutting diameter and I don't use them very well.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:47 AM

I shoot Rocky Mt. Gator XP's. 2" expandable that opens very similar to a Rage 2 blade. I've shot 2 deer with them. 1 passthrough and 1 that ended up passing through about 30 yards down the trail. Shot wasn't ideal on this deer but I still found it.

It seems like if you place them where your supposed to you'll find them 5" into the ground. That's just my limited experience though.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

I have two 2-bladed rages in my quiver along with three 3-bladed Muzzy's. I've been nocking the Rage, but after reading this thread I'm starting to second guess this. Is this a severe issue that a lot of people are having? I'm curious what some others are experiencing too (Matt/PA, Rick James etc) that also use these heads.

I have always had amazing pass throughs with Muzzy's, but I guess with the expandable Rage... there can be complete pass through issues. I'm not willing to put them down before letting at least one fly (they fly amazing out of my Guardian)... but this thread has def sparked my interest.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Out of four deer, three were pass through
Old 11-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot 9 with the Rage 2.3 have not been pass thru's. All were easy recoveries.

The measure of performance should be % easy recovery vice % pass thru. They're similar and related but the real item of interest is finding your deer with minimal time and disturbance. Pass thru's are desirable only because we related them to easy recoveries.

Quick Reply: Rage/Snyper users.....Pass Thru's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.