Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage/Snyper users.....Pass Thru's? >

Rage/Snyper users.....Pass Thru's?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage/Snyper users.....Pass Thru's?

Old 11-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rage/Snyper users.....Pass Thru's?

I've killed one deer with Rage 2 blade heads. Deer was broad sided at about 25yds. Arrow passedcompletelythrough the deer without any problems.

I shoot a total weight of 440gr from a Tribute 70lbs @ 27.5'' with speed mods.

I haven't read this whole thread, but if these guys are getting pass throughs on northern and midwestern deer GMMAT's arrows should pass through the much smaller southern deer with no problem. Granted they didn't contact bone first.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:02 PM

Three deer down using Snypers. Two of the three, the arrow passed through easily and was stuck in the ground on the other side. The other one was a quartering away thatended up hitting and lodging against the far shoulder. Less than perfectshot placement on that one, so I'm not surprised by the results regardless of broadhead type. I've had the same thing happen in the past using COC heads. My feeling on this is that with a well placed shot, a pass through should be expected using a Snyper head. I'm happy with the blood trials I'm getting and the short tracking jobs. I have never used the Rage, but my buddy shot a buck yesterday morning with one and it performed flawlessly. It was a pass through. Large entry and exit hole. Blood trail was like someone went through the woods with a paint brush. I was impressed.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

why does it matter if it is a complete pass through or not? unless you are hoping to get blood on both sides for better tracking...the lungs, heart, and liver are .. mostly.. in the MIDDLE of the deer...so if you can get penetration to the MIDDLE of the deer you damage is done.

that said. i am 1 for 1 with rage 2 blade. 8 yrds pass through.