Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My poor Baby boy !!!! >

My poor Baby boy !!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My poor Baby boy !!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 05:15 PM

Default My poor Baby boy !!!!

Man I tell ya, I feel bad for my son. I am trying to let him do his own thing hunting this year (16 years old) but it does not seem to be working out for him. Poor guy just is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Tonight he talks me into going out in on and off again light rain. As we pulled up to the end of the road there were two does feeding in the field. He was pumped when he saw that. I suggested he hunt what we call the "border stand" we call it that because it is situated were three plots of woods come together right next to a crop field. A natural funnel to the field.

Well my son stuck out his chest and said " Dad I think I am going to the back stand". I once again suggested he hunt the border stand))) Well to make a long story short he saw nothing and as I drove around to pick him up there stands a dandy Little six pointer no more than 50 yards from the "border stand". I have seen this deer earlier this year, it would have been a nice deer for his first.

The boy looked at me totally frustrated and said "how did you know?". I replied "well Nick, its light rain with a heavy front moving through later, that bean field is the only one that has not been turned over, the deer are going to want to eat fast then bed down and ride out the storm". He put his bow in the truck and did not say another word.

My poor Baby boy !!!!

Dave
Old 11-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My poor Baby boy !!!!

LOL, learn him well dad. Learn him well.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still learning from my mistakes. The only way people get to be veteran bowhunters consistently shooting mature bucks is by learning from prior mistakes made by themselves or others.

Three years ago when I was 16 I thought I knew all there was to know about bowhunting (seasoned 2 year veteran ), boy was I wrong .
Old 11-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

i have always listened to my dad about where to go. Even to this day!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

They will learn but its always the hard way. Remember those days, we all did the same thing lol. Parents are so dumb