Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting with LOGGERS >

Hunting with LOGGERS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting with LOGGERS

Old 11-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting with LOGGERS

Next week ourfarm is going to be logged. They are starting with ash and white oaks at first. I'm not going to want to hunt where they are spending that day logging, but was wondering if anyone still had any luck within the next week after loggers had been an in area.

This is my only private land to hunt, so my alternative is to hike onto some public land. There is 1 stand that I have that will notbe by the loggers, and it is probably my best stand too.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting with LOGGERS

I do alot of hunting in logged areas, now that beeing said it is HUGE state forest wih no ag at all. I am not afraid of hunting while they are working. It is these deer main food source.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know in the future it will be very beneficial to the land. They are no longer clear cutting, just the mature trees. There will also be an internal road system which we have never had before, and getting food plots into some hard to reach areas will not be possible too. I'm just a little concerned about this year. I'm going to get talk to the logger when I see him and try to see if there is a way if he has a set schedule where he plans to go on each day so I can effeciently plan around him.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boy do those deer love them fresh buds on the hard to reach branches.