Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Almost!!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Almost!!!!

Well folks I had "Ribcage" at 20 yards Sat. evening but couldn't close the deal. It all started about 5:30 when I hit the rattle bag and grunt tube a few times. Moments later I glanced behind me and about 200 yards away I see what appears to be a shooter buck working his way up the tree line behind me. He slowly makes his way closer and hits two scrapes on the way. At this point I realize it's him! I can't believe it. Before I know it, I'm shaking like a leaf and my hearts about to beat out of my chest.As he makes his way to me, he jumps the fence line I amhunting and is standing directly to my leftat about 15-20 yards. Only one problem. I haveno shot. I have a tree limb that juts out directly to my left that gives me a little cover. It's really the only cover I have since Ihunting a fence line that seperates two crp fields. I need him to take 3 more steps to reach my shooting lane. Guess what, he doesn't. Instead he decides to take off trotting across the field andinto the timber on the other side. My heart sunk. LOL. Oh well, it's just starting to heat up out here. I tell you what,that encounter had me pumped.Really the first timeI have beenexcited all year.Can't wait for this weekend. Here are afew picsI have takenfrom some of my treestands and I will also add a picture of "Ribcage" in case someof you didn't see him in my earlier post. You can see the tree limb that cost me the shot in the left side of the first picture.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Almost!!!!

Chris....Hang in there, you'll get a crack at him again. Man that dude is tall.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

Whats That.......
Old 11-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, thats an excellent buck and I hope you get a crack at him. Nice country you are hunting.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bbearfax

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

Whats That.......
That's a really old tin shed.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a great looking buck. Good luck getting back on him.