Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SUMMIT public service announcement >

SUMMIT public service announcement

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SUMMIT public service announcement

Old 11-03-2008, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default SUMMIT public service announcement

Do you hate getting tripped up by your summit tree stand and the ensueing gouge or chunk taken out of your ankle?

Change that forever with my non-patented zero money yielding zero money required idea: Cut the top of the backpack straps and relocate it 2 crossmembers down the platform. It will ride a whole 8 inches higher on your back. All that's required is a scissors, needle, and thread. No more lunging head first into mature oaks and slamming your bow into the ground. Take bigger steps, dare I even say full strided steps without so much as aworry. Hell, you can even kick up your heel a littlewith each stride. The headache of a mature oak, the hassle of re-tweaking your bow sight, andthe messiness of blood gushing out your ankles are a thing of the past and could be a few cross stitches away!

If you are not 100% satisfied with the results I promise, you have my personal guarantee of a full no questions asked money back policy alreadyright here in writing!!! What have you got to lose but a piss poor design? Don't wait, do it now and be on your way to happier times afield!

I amHoytail Hunter and I approve this message.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for for needle pokes in the fingers. Modification should not be performed by those who screw in lightbulbs counter-clockwise.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SUMMIT public service announcement

Great idea. I am doing it.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

I can't say I've ever had this problem with my Summit.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

Or just get yourself some adjustable padded straps and put 'em where you want 'em!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure how you would even get the stand far enough down your back to have it trip you up. Either way, glad your troubles are over!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a good idea but it creates another problem. While it will be easier to step over logs and stuff without getting tripped up.....when you need to duck under limbs or fall downs your stand will be more like to get hung up since it is now higher on your back.

I have a new Summit Goliath and battle these same obstacles.

The best way I have come up with to battle both is by wearing my backpack style fanny pack and then putting my stand on my back. The pack pushes the bottom of the stand out enough where my legs don't get hung up in it anymore.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I just have to ask...

How tall are you?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I just have to ask...

How tall are you?
That's what I was wondering. I am 6'1" and if I sinch the backpack straps good and tight I don't have a problem, but I could see if I was a little shorter this could be a problem. Also, I have one of the smaller stands, the bushmaster.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm 5'8" and have the same issue described above. I remedied it by putting my pack on first and putting the stand on over it. The teeth are held up and away by my pack and I don't need the skills of a seamstress.

Works for me.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

What I'm puzzled about is whysomeone wouldneed to cut the straps to relocate them. Whey you buy a Summit stand, YOU put the backpack straps on yourself during assembly. Just unstrap them, un-do the loop and move them.

Quick Reply: SUMMIT public service announcement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.