Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have you ever had "that" bow? >

Have you ever had "that" bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you ever had "that" bow?

Old 11-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Have you ever had "that" bow?

Have you ever had "that" bow, that you have all the confidence in the world in and has never given you trouble? I believe I've found mind, and they quit making it next year. It was a one year and out. [>:]. Mine isn't going anywhere, it's one hell of a bow. It did awesome for 3D and now it's killing deer.

Mossy Oak X #60

Old 11-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have you ever had "that" bow?

Yep, mine was a PSE Carroll Intruder II. Love that bow and still have it.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is the Ally in my eyes, she will never go anywhere
Old 11-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes sir, I have had that bow....I regretfully sold it just this last yearto a very good friend after him begging me for months to buy it....I have taken in the neighborhood of 20 animals with that bow and I had it for 6 years without ever having any trouble's with it!!!!! It was a Darton Maverick and Darton only has one pro shop in Texas and it was over 4 hours from my house or that would have been my choice on my new bow I bought this yearas well...

Matt, I am glad tou hear that you really like that MossyOak-X...I am looking into possibly buying the X-force as a back up bow, I guess I will wait till all the different maker's get their09's in thepro shopsbefore I make a final decision.....

Here's the old Maverick with the hawg light attached.....

Old 11-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you're looking at the XForce. I like the new cam style
Old 11-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, a good friend of mine bought one (x-force)a few months back (the SS model), anyhow he was over at the house and aswe were setting it up, I really became impressed with that bow. It put up some real good numbers, was real quiet and after shooting it and realizing that it was as dead in the hand as my commander, I was impressed that a bow that small could be that quiet, dead in the hand and fast to boot.....I will be back in the states in a couple weeks and start getting my hands on some of the ones I am interested in .......
Old 11-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get one of the 09' models. They are in Mossy Oak Treestand this year too. It'snot that I like the new 80% letoffcam for the letoff, it just "feels" better to me. Archery is definately a feel game.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:08 AM

I kept a Mathews LX for 3 years (which is about 3-6x longer than average).

My current bow PSE X Force shoots better than the LX (for me) and is blazing fast too; that combination should have the X Force on the long term list. I like it enough that Ibought a 2nd one.

"That bow"x2

Old 11-02-2008, 05:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've had many and for you Matt, we'll see.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

The recurve I've hunted with the last 13 years has been excellent to me!! It's been a great recurve and we've done very well as a team. It's shot me many deer and bear, 2 of which were P&Y animals. 140 1/8" Mn Whitetail and 20 5/16 Mn Bear. This Is our 14th straight year together hunting and stuff Isn't going so well. I lost about 12lbs In draw weight from last year. The limbs and everything else look excellent, I'm thinking It's something Inside the limbs that I can't see. My draw weight was 73lbs at 28", It's now 61lbs at 28". Some people have told me to put It up on the wall and retire It being something bad could happen when pulling It back with the sudden weight drop. There's a good chance that's going to happen come next year. I'm sticking with It this year for one last go around hopefully. I had to learn how to shoot this bow all over again this summer with the big drop In draw weight, It took me all summer to get good again. My confidence Is still a little shakey being It's like I'm a rookie again learning how to shoot a traditional bow. I averaged about 350 arrows a week practicing since June 15th this summer. We'll see If It makes It through the year, I sure hope so! It really Is sad though, I've gotten quite attached to this bow and would of used It for many more years If It was able to keep going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.