Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

That's life.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default That's life.

Mentioned before of the trouble my brother and I have had with a group of Mennonites that showed up on year 3 of our planed 4 year hunt in a piece of public ground. The first 2 were good, the last 2 (we just finished) went sour.

4 years ago there were so many deer there were tracks on top of tracks, scrapes next to scrapes and rubs every where. This year my brother never saw a deer from his stand and I only saw 2. The Mennonites I believe were a big part of the problem. This year they actually camped on the ridge that deer used to travel from one to the other, unfortunately that other was the one I was on with my brother on the next.

My brother joked that we needed a repellent while I thought we might be better attracting them away, turns out my brother was right and it came in the form of the DNR. They showed up, busted them and transported them over to the camp site way out of the hunting area. All 10 ticketed. My brother had left the woods at 1:00 pm on our last day, he had given up on seeing anything and was waiting were we meet when the warden showed up to check him out and told him the story.

Were off to a new place, a little wise I hope.

Good news Ohio hunters, the warden confirmed we'll be a call in state 2010.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: That's life.

ORIGINAL: nodog

Mentioned before of the trouble my brother and I have had with a group of Mennonites that showed up on year 3 of our planed 4 year hunt in a piece of public ground. The first 2 were good, the last 2 (we just finished) went sour.

4 years ago there were so many deer there were tracks on top of tracks, scrapes next to scrapes and rubs every where. This year my brother never saw a deer from his stand and I only saw 2. The Mennonites I believe were a big part of the problem. This year they actually camped on the ridge that deer used to travel from one to the other, unfortunately that other was the one I was on with my brother on the next.

My brother joked that we needed a repellent while I thought we might be better attracting them away, turns out my brother was right and it came in the form of the DNR. They showed up, busted them and transported them over to the camp site way out of the hunting area. All 10 ticketed. My brother had left the woods at 1:00 pm on our last day, he had given up on seeing anything and was waiting were we meet when the warden showed up to check him out and told him the story.

Were off to a new place, a little wise I hope.

Good news Ohio hunters, the warden confirmed we'll be a call in state 2010.

wat does that mean
Old 11-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

It means we won't have to drag the deer out whole and take it to a check in station, whole. You can check your deer in by phone.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

really thats cool
Old 11-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Really? nice..
Old 11-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

If I remember right, you can do that in Kentucky. It's very convenient.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Va has it. It's all computorized. The tag you buy has a place that must be removed when youclaimthe deer. Do what you like with the deer from then on, just call it in within 24 hours. Makes getting deer out of places much easier. Just like out west, you can pack out the game animal.

With a cell phone which is now legal to have here you can be finished from your stand if you want, as long as Ohio works it the same way as Va.. You are required to give some basic info of the animal. Once you experience the luxury of it, you'll never want to go back. Should have been this way a long time ago. The way it is now only punish's the law abiding.

And your welcome since yours truely play a small part it getn'r done.