Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you're near on Sunday...I could use your help, maybe >

If you're near on Sunday...I could use your help, maybe

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you're near on Sunday...I could use your help, maybe

Old 10-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you're near on Sunday...I could use your help, maybe

Maybe Droptine will help you find yours after you help him find his. Good luck.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck, Jeff. Should be a recovery thread from you tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:27 PM

I really thought you would find him today. How farhas he gone so far?? Is the blood steady?? Just from my experience over the years Jeff, when i lose blood on a trail it usually means the deer changed directions ubruptly.. just goback to that last spot and get on your hands and knees and look in circles for the tiny specks, it sounds like an awkward place for blood to pour out being that the arrow stuck in him, but you are shooting a Rage and that's helps open up the wound.. Keep it at it and keep it slow... good luck!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck, keep us updated.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If this shot was with a Rage Broadhead, we should not be having this conversation.[8D]

I'll never ever use a Rage head now Jeff.

Just kiddin' ya bud. I did the exact same scenario on a wild hog Wed. evening with a100gr Muzzy Phantom at 20yds.[:@]Sometimes it can get just too dang thick for a human to track properly. I am seriously considering a tracking dog for next season. My son has been wanting a dog anyways.

No Rage Broadheads!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:17 PM
Dominant Buck

I really thought you would find him today. How farhas he gone so far?? Is the blood steady?? Just from my experience over the years Jeff, when i lose blood on a trail it usually means the deer changed directions ubruptly.. just goback to that last spot and get on your hands and knees and look in circles for the tiny specks, it sounds like an awkward place for blood to pour out being that the arrow stuck in him, but you are shooting a Rage and that's helps open up the wound.. Keep it at it and keep it slow... good luck!
I'm guessing, based on the map scale, over 300yds.

I'm gonna give the change of direction a close look tomorrow.....and you may be right. i just couldn't find the next blood, today....and he pretty much stayed "on course" the whole trail. "last blood" was a really good spot, too....so I'll give your recommendation some thought, tomorrow.

I spent 30 minutes a few times looking for next blood, today. Some spots were really sparse. Others had good blood. I kept hoping it would show up on saplings and small fauna he rubbed up against....and I found it that way several times. We'll spend a good amount of time looking for blood before we start grid searching. Buckmaster is coming....and jcpope has oofered, as well. Can't thank these guys enough.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:27 PM
Site Bouncer

Good luck finding him.Sounds like it might be a liver hit possible one lung too. If you can get back on your blood trial tomorrow, take it slow and easy. At the distance he already went and without pressure, you will probably find him near. Like what's have already been said, the deer could have made a quick change of direction especially near death, so look real good at your last blood sight.

Good luck bud!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, BigJ. I scoured the thickets pretty darned good near the last blood. I feel like a pin cushion must.

I'm gonna go to the POI and give it a real good look, again. Bawana think I might have hit him and slid the BH and arrow up his ribcage. That's plausible....and could be the reason he's not down and out.

I could have easily mistaken the fletching for a stick or something too. ANYTHING is possible, I suppose....and I never found my arrow, today.

If I found the arrow....I'd feel better, I suppose. I'll be all over that spot bright and early.

He hasn'tlost enough blood along the trail to die of blood loss.....but if that arrow is where I thought it was....he's a goner. Light of day will tell me a few things I hope. i'll also feel better with some fresh eyes out there with me.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff - If you can get a dog, its going to help drastically. I've seen these dogs do amazing things...........last year after 3 of the best blood tracking guys I know of were sitting around scratching our heads for hours (edit.....I mean 3 days )........this dog had us on the deer in less than 15 minutes. Same thing this year with Dan's 8 pointer. Took less than 10 minutes that time. It's pretty amazing to see.

Is there someone listed in TN or another state that is fairly close that is within driving distance?
Old 10-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck finding the buck, and I am sure you will. Deer are amazing animals and can hide easily in ditches, undercuts, even dead trees and logs. Let us know.

Quick Reply: If you're near on Sunday...I could use your help, maybe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.