Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 church and hunting >

church and hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

church and hunting

Old 11-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: church and hunting

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Looks like I'm hell-bound for sure, not that I'm surprised by this. I am a "non-believer." This entire thread is why religion does not appeal to me. All you religious folks can sit there and easily criticize someone else for not doing what you do. Why is your way right and mine wrong? I don't believe in a book of fables written by man. Do you really think a senior citizen built a boat and saved the animals? Everything that is written is written by man, humans, and been interpreted countless times. How can it still be true? If you hear a story from someone that starts "My friend's brother's cousin's nephew..."you are immediately skeptical, but with the sotry of christianity, it is followed like the most obvious truth ever.

I could honestly care less what the responses to this are going to be. If you want to claim to know what kind of person I am because I don't go to church, then so be it, but think about who the ignorant one really is. When you all meet someone for the first time, is the first question you ask based on religion, and then all other actions/thoughts are based from there? Sure as hell seems to be in this discussion.

At its most basic level, this conversation is no different than Hoyt v Mathews v Bowtech. Mine is the best, and don't tell me any different.
If you're hell-bound, then it's by your own choosing, but as a Christian I would never dream of telling you that is where you're going. Sounds like you may have a great deal of contempt for religion or perhaps Christians in general. While I am certain that I will not change your mind with this post, I can tell you the Bible is not fables written by men.

Think about it, the Bible is made up of an account of God's dealings with the world, creation, the fall, and His plan for our redemption. How could a book written by so many different men, over a period of 1600 yearshave such a unified message. Over 67 books, by 40 different authors, yet ONE central theme: God's PLAN of salvation.

It's hard to get people to agree on anything these days, yet you believe 40 men over 1600 years agreed to write a book containing things thatno human could ever come with, all in order to trick the world into believing fables?

The truth isthat thestory of the floodyou mentioned isnot all that far fetched.Many scientist believe that a flood occured, and cultures such as China that have over 5,000 years historyeven account for this.

People will always dissapoint you, but Jesus came that you might have life, and have it more abundantly! I encourage you to seriously search out what Christ did for you, instead of focusing on the dissapointments you may have withman's religion.

If Christ is real, he will reveal himself to you!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:32 AM
Dominant Buck

"these people are ALL involved in affairs..... weigh 300#,"
Hey michbowhunter....

If you're gonna quote me....then rake me over the coals for what I said......STOP ADDING WORDS INYO THE QUOTES!

YOU added the "all". My quote never had that word in there.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I really do not think people are damed because there over weight surely you do not aswell. now people cheating on there wifes or husbands is another story but it is not my place to judge weather someone will go to hell or not
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

"these people are ALL involved in affairs..... weigh 300#,"
Hey michbowhunter....

If you're gonna quote me....then rake me over the coals for what I said......STOP ADDING WORDS INYO THE QUOTES!

YOU added the "all". My quote never had that word in there.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Bigtim.....

No I don't think large people are damned. You missed my point.

I think it's HIGHLY hypocritical to preach to someone about their misgivings and where they fall short ......if you're obviously guilty of gluttony, yourself.

We can't pick and choose which sins are "worse". Kills me to see some onthe far right bash homosexuals then come to find they were committing adultery with their secretaries (as AN example).

Old 11-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

i think u guys have exhausted this thread so maybe u should let it drop because it doesnt seem to be going anywhere and it also seems to be making enemies........not friends
Old 11-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

If I misquoted you, then I apologize, and let me just say that my intention was not to "rake you overthe coals." As I said, I agree with some of what you wrote, but certainly your remark "these people" are involved in affairs, weigh 300# does give the impression that you believe all Christians are this way, and this is absolutely not true.

Even if it were true, what difference does it make. It's not likewhen you stand before God on judgement day he's going to give you a free pass because someone at church weighs more than you?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Dominant Buck

You obviously didn't read my explanation to Bigtim, either. I never think nor thought what you think I do/did. I'm speaking of hypocrits. Period.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Fork Horn

You obviously didn't read my explanation to Bigtim, either. I never think nor thought what you think I do/did. I'm speaking of hypocrits. Period.
People use "hypocrites" as an excuse for not going to church or living right all the time, and I think it's nothing more than a cop out. Of course, you're right, there aremany hypocrites in the church, but it's not going tokeep me from going. God will sort 'em out in the end.

But like I said, I apologize for misquoting you. Let's just chalk it up as a misunderstanding.

Peace!

Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

the bible says not to lay with a man as you lay with a woman. I agree some go after others forsomething when there just as bad. But over eatting in no where near being gay.

Bigtim.....

No I don't think large people are damned. You missed my point.

I think it's HIGHLY hypocritical to preach to someone about their misgivings and where they fall short ......if you're obviously guilty of gluttony, yourself.

We can't pick and choose which sins are "worse". Kills me to see some onthe far right bash homosexuals then come to find they were committing adultery with their secretaries (as AN example).

Old 11-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

If overeating is akin to being gay...then I'm flaming!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.