Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First miss of the year >

First miss of the year

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First miss of the year

Old 10-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default First miss of the year

Well tonight I had my first miss of the season. When I first got to the stand I sprayed a little code blue, doe in estrus on some weeds in front of me to help hide my scent and for an attractant. I had four mule deer doe come in and stayed in front for awhile. Then after they left, I did a little rattling and grunting. I heard something coming from the south, It took about thirty minutes before I ever seen movement coming from around the corner. I drew my bow and out comes an adult coyote. It was getting late, about twenty minutes left of light. So I let it fly. The shot was at 25 yards, and there was a crotch of a tree I was shooting through about 6 inches wide. The shot nicked her back and she bolted. Anyway it was fun and got that first miss out of the way.