Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what do you think? >

what do you think?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what do you think?

Old 03-27-2003, 04:35 AM

Default what do you think?

if you have the outdoor channel ,i' m sure some of you do ,what do you think ,i think SOME of the shows look like it' s all a big setup! tell me what you think , i' m just curious of what everyone thinks ?
Old 03-27-2003, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: what do you think?

I would ask what you mean by " setup" ? If you mean that some of the shows are in areas that control many variables which in turn make it somewhat simpler to harvest an animal then my answer would be, yes, they do look that way.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:30 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I think that a lot of them are that way. Like PA said they control as many variables as they can. When you see the same fellow taking huge animals of all kinds every week all year long it makes you wonder. Unless his name is Chuck Adams of course. I don' t believe being a camo designer makes you a great hunter but it sure allows you to afford great hunt/trophies.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:20 AM

thats what i meant pa, you know ,farm reared animals ,fences ,and who knows maybe even someone doing a little driving! sorry for the confusion
Old 03-27-2003, 12:14 PM

I prefer the Primos shows - they hunt on the public land - not sure if it' s 100%, but I think they claim that.

I would like to see some shows where a regular Joe is hunting on public land w/o a guide who knows where the animals are hiding.

Also - being out West - I' d like to see more Mule Deer and Elk hunts. It gets rather boring seeing a guy in a treestand shooting a white tail, show after show after show.......
Old 03-27-2003, 06:11 PM

Almost every show I watched, seemed to be a " free hunt" so the game farm could get promoted on T.V.

A few shows stated they where on a special hunt to cull out sub-standered animals from the herd.

I also thought it odd on the amount of gear these dudes draged around. Got to show it, or no sponser money.

Hell, more power to em' they are making a living doing what we would rather be doing.

Old 03-29-2003, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was so happy when I got the outdoor channel several years ago, but here latelty- I" M READY TO EXPLODE!!!

I took about 8 paid programming channels off my dish' s favorite list soooo now they just stuck me with days on end of paid programming on the outdoor channel.
And who in the heck is doing all the darn Gold digging that it requires what seems like a whole night of shows dedicated to it????

Here lately if I luck into any deer hunting on the ODC I cherish it. It' s become so uncommon, last night I was happy to watch some kids miss does out of a boxblind!!!
Where has my channels gone???

I need my pills!!!!
Old 03-29-2003, 08:28 AM

Just thought I' d let you know that there will be some vids coming out 2004 with the guys from Top Gun Outdoor adventures as well as a tv show geared to NE hunting. These are going to be primarily public land hunts, and more " realistic " hunts. They are just hunters like you and I who understand that not everyone can afford " canned" hunts or owns a company and has them handed to them.In fact I personally have spoken with one of the partners and we' re trying to get together for some real down home huntin!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR EM IN 2004!!!!!