Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pro 40 DC for Hunting >

Pro 40 DC for Hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pro 40 DC for Hunting

Old 03-27-2003, 06:02 AM

Default Pro 40 DC for Hunting

Hopefully, this weekend I am going to get to shoot the Bowtech Pro 40 DC and patriot DC along with the Hoyt UltraTec. I thought one of the archer master was going to do a reveiw on the Pro 40????

My question is has anyone bought the Pro 40 for hunting? I will say I love the UltraTec and like the Pro 38.

Ultimately, it come down to my choice. But as with everyone that additional speed has peaked my curiosity. I really want to go ahead an order the bow I want this weekend so I can get it in and start praticing.

PS, where everyone at. Have not seen as much action on the boards lately. Must be more of us non posters lately.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:20 AM

Default RE: Pro 40 DC for Hunting

I' m still waiting on mine. It should be soon though. I can' t see a reason not to use this bow for hunting. You' ll know if it is the bow for once you shoot it.

I' d surely take mine hunting if it didn' t have shiney chrome wheels on it.

-Chief

Old 03-27-2003, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chief,
Mine has shiny " wheels" on it as well.........in fact they shimmer so pretty as the light from my computer monitor hits it sitting next to me. [8D]
Yeah I have mine.........just got it 3 days ago!! Red 50-60# model.
What an awesome shooting bow. I can' t obviously evaluate it so far from a " hunting" standpoint as I have it decked out for 3D shooting, but accuracy is accuracy and this thing is just flat out shooting.
No cam synch issues thus far........maybe 250-300 arrows thru it already and nothing has changed and the cams are still perfect.
(Looks like the O2 strings are performing rather well so far from my experiences with this and my Dually Patriot.)
In camo this would make a terrific hunting bow, and you wouldn' t need a 70# model to be ready for any game you' d want to hunt. This bow draws butter smooth at 60# and at 30" can still put out KE over 70ft lbs. (my personal Birth certificate says 30" /61.1#/300gr arrow= 325fps w/ hush kit)
This bow would get my vote as BowTech' s #1 " All purpose" model.........accurate enough for serious 3D or spot shooting, and more than enough power for any animal you' d want to hunt.
I would consider Hoyt' s Ultratec their " #1 " All Purpose" model as well so it looks like you' ll have a tough decision as they are both outstanding bows. I just personally prefer the Pro40 Dually over the Ultratec myself.
If I could only buy ONE bow (thank goodness that isn' t the case!) this is the one I would buy to do everything.
I will be more than happy to do a full review on it in a few weeks after I get to know it better and it has a few competitions under its belt........we' re only on our 3rd date but so far she' s really lookin real good!!
Old 03-28-2003, 04:33 AM

Thanks guys. Matt/PA I look forward to your review, as always. I worry about the valley of death, but we will see. When you are draw length challenged, as I am - 27 maybe 27.5-, you better be very accurate and try to get speed where you can. I just really want a forgiving bow since I am a newbie of sorts with only one year of hunting and one wild hawg under my belt.

Yea, if I order one it will be the 50-60 lbs since I only pull 58 lbs. Although, I heard 60lb on the BowTech are like 70 on other bows.

Hope to shoot them this weekend.

OK BowTech shooters now is the time to speak up, lol.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:13 AM

Well Matt, I' ve been wondering about you and I' m very happy to hear you got your baby. Just as I headed to lunch yesterday, I got the call- IT' S IN! So I will be making the drive to pick it up Saturday or Sunday. A buddy of mine who shoots for Martin is still waiting for his CougarIII (procat) so we should feel pretty good about it. This guy has been shooting for them for around 30 or so years. We' ve been joking about who will get thiers first so I need to call him and rub it in.

I' m glad to hear your first impressions of it. The shop owner kept going on about the black and pewter, he just couldn' t get over how sharp it was and said he had never seen anything like it. I truely can' t wait to lay my hands on it. I have everything I need to set it up like you do, and the wait has been killing me.

I' ve taken 2nd in Mens open at both the shoots I' ve gone to this year and I' ve been shooting in the mid 250' s(fps) with my Martin and I know at least one guy has 70 fps or so on me. I can' t wait to see what I can do with this baby.

We' ll have to compare notes after we both " get to know them better" .

cpa- i agree with Matt that " accuracy is accuracy" and if this bow feels as good to you as it does to me, I can' t see where you would go wrong with it for hunting.

-Chief

Thanks to BowtechShooter for all your help!
Old 03-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve got one on the way too...Camo of course, because like Matt had suggested I wanted " One Bow To Rule Them All" since I plan on shooting some spots at the range this year and maybe a 3D or two.

Old 03-28-2003, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

What losers.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

121553, I had one of those. After shooting the Patriot, now I' m a loser, too.[&:]
I' m waiting on a black P40 Dually. After a year with my P38 DC, I can' t wait. Mine will be a 60#er, 29" draw. But don' t expect me to get rid of the P38. That is BowTech' s sleeper, IMO.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

That would be right Phil.
I tell ya what color I am gettin and you come along and copy me []

I knew I should have ordered mine purple with pink polka dots[:-][].

Hey Cheif.
Take a pic of yours and email it to me will ya.
I have a pic of Matt' s baby and boy what a sexy baby it is
Old 03-28-2003, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok I couldn' t take it any longer.....I had to share![8D]

Quick Reply: Pro 40 DC for Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.