Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Squirrels -- Things I'm convinced of: >

Squirrels -- Things I'm convinced of:

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Squirrels -- Things I'm convinced of:

Old 10-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Squirrels -- Things I'm convinced of:

They let me know when a bear is coming to my bait
Old 10-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

They let me know when a bear is coming to my bait
I noticed the same thing when I was in canada. I actually befriended one of them, he got a jellybean every time he alerted me of a bear comming in.[8D]
Old 10-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingson

A barking squirrel can often warn you of an approaching deer when the leaves aren't crunchy. They aren't all bad

No doubt!!. I hunt from a ground blind and the squirrels can't see me but when they start barking i know something is on it's way. Many times it has been a deer
Old 10-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seen an owl catch one on the ground the other night while in my stand. That was pretty cool....
Old 10-30-2008, 03:46 PM

Every year the deer pay off the squirrels (in the form of acorns) to make noise for hours on end. Then, once the hunter has learned to ignore the noise, the deer slips by you never even notice them until they are right in front of you.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never wear one of those rabbit fur hats. I had one on last year and had a tree climb down the tree coming to investigate who was in his tree. I finally hissed at him to go away when he got 5 FEET from me. He whipped around the tree and came up from under me to get a better look. Little buggers lucky I didnt have a pellet gun.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Am I the only one who does not mind the squirrels....Yes they do tend to trick you into thinking they are deer sometimes,Yes sometimes I am kinda afraid they are going to jump on my face, I've lost count of the number of squirrels that have gotton within 3 feet of me....BUT more times than not those squirrels will let me know when there are deer close by, they go absolutely nuts with the barking and carrying on they do and then like clock work deer appear. Almost like deer alarms those guys are.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:10 PM

Ha, I seen a little squrrel get eaten by a fox tonight, one of the coolest things I have ever seen in the woods. Almost shot the fox, but I didnt know if they were in season.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

haha I kinda like having them around. Sure they trick me into thinking they are deer just as much as the next guy but it keeps things exciting. When I was 17 I got a fat little 5 point on opening day of shotgun season that I was convinced was a squirrel. I Refused to even acknowledge it by looking in that direction when i heard the noise coming through the leaves because the squirrels had been tricking me all morning. Finally after about five minutes i couldn't take it any longer and peeked over my shoulder. I just about fell out of the tree when I saw it was a buck, haha.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:33 PM

thats what scoutings for bring a .22 or a shotgun

Quick Reply: Squirrels -- Things I'm convinced of:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.