Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hey 5shot got a question?? >

Hey 5shot got a question??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey 5shot got a question??

Old 03-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hey 5shot got a question??

Hey i was wondering if you had tested the innerlocking broad heads. I would just like to see their stats[8D]
Old 03-28-2003, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hey 5shot got a question??

Innerloc 125 grain 3 blade
Plywood 5 points
Steel drum 4 points
Tire 4 points
Cutting diameter 3 points
Accuracy 4 points
Blades 3 points
Non- mechanical head 2 points
Total score 25 with a blade sharpness rating of B

The Innerloc is a three blade, broadhead very similar to the Muzzy 3 blade heads. In fact Innerloc blades will fit a Muzzy ferule very well, although the cutting diameter is reduced. On the other hand, Muzzy blades will not fit the Innerloc ferule.
In the plywood the head penetrated fully with no damage. In the tire it penetrated one side, along with 5 inches of the arrow shaft. In the steel drum the head penetrated one side, with the tip and ¼ of the blades sticking out the far wall.
The accuracy of the Innerlock broadhead was excellent grouping with my field points out of a properly tuned bow. The blades are shaving sharp out of the package, again very close to what Muzzy blades were like last year, before they improved the sharpness for this year. They are not as sharp as Rocky mountain, or new archery products blades, but still plenty sharp for hunting.
I liked the Innerloc heads. I found them to be strong, sharp, and accurate. They are very similar to Muzzy heads in many ways. The biggest difference is that the Innerloc tip also has a threaded shaft. It screws into the bottom of the ferule, where as the Muzzy tip screws over the ferule. The Muzzy tips are larger, being wider, and longer. Both heads are excellent in most ways, and I would feel confident using them on any game. Your choice would probably boil down to how big do you like your tips, and yes I said TIPS. I am not going into all the legal issues and court battles between the two manufactures, they have a history, and most of you probably know. I tried not to compare the two heads, but they are so similar that it’s impossible not too. Either way you choose you will be getting a very good broadhead.

Old 03-28-2003, 07:22 AM

Default RE: Hey 5shot got a question??

Wouldn' t it be funny if 5 shot got tired of testing broadheads, and everyone kept asking him to and he came out with something like this.

Addidas 125,000 grain 0 blade
Plywood 5 points
Steel drum 0 points(hurt my toe)
Tire 4 points(worked so well, I don' t have a spare now)
Cutting diameter 30 points (size 12 shoes)
Accuracy 1 points (flinging them ain' t like shoot arrows)
Blades 3 points(non traditional style, odor and weight of shoe serve better than blades)
Non- mechanical head 0 points (No head there, just my shoe)
Total score 25 with a blade sharpness rating of B

I know it was lame but it was worth a try.