Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who "knows" about does and BB's? >

Who "knows" about does and BB's?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who "knows" about does and BB's?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Who "knows" about does and BB's?

Who actually KNOWS when they run them off?

I saw a mature doe with a BB fawn, this morning. It got me curious as to when they actually run them off.

Thanks.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:40 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Who "knows" about does and BB's?

They start running them off as soon as the does goes into heat usually.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

During shotgun season several years ago (probably 5) two goes came out into the field and my dad shot. Well, turns out it was a doe and a button buck. The little guy went and laid down right next to mama (she was dead) for about 45 minutes. We gave him plenty of time hoping he would leave, but he never did. We actually had to more-less bump him off of her. Kinda sad really!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

^^^^ Our shotgun season isin the latter part of November, usually something like the 22,23 and 24th.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hard to tell, I think it most has to do with each specific mommy. (mood, cycle, experience) I saw a button lonely and scared last night. Ran full bore out into the field at 5:45 and then stuck his head in a bush and stayed there for the rest of the night. He was there when I left. Over an hour later. In the meantime a small 8 and two of the biggest bucks I have ever had in front of me were dogging does. What a night.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been seeing lone BB's since almost the start of the season (1 Oct).
Old 10-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a doe and a BB that would come in to my stand sight in NC last year. They showed up religiously together...all the way through December. Normally I would say she's going to run him off when she's almost "ready" but in the case I mentioned...
Old 10-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

They run them off when they feel like It. I've seen doe's get bred and then that same doe has her BB (fawn) back with her a week or so later after she was bred. She'll run them off for a while but some seem to always come back. Most I think get run off for good In the winter months.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:03 AM
bigcountry

This year, I saw something kinda interesting. I saw a first year buck, a 4 pt, that was trying to hang around with a large doe and fawn.The young 4 pt kept trying hang with the mama. And she kept running him off. I bet ya he was her young last year.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, guys. I was just wondering if there was any "magical" timeline. I always hear of this...but never actually heard. I suppose the general consensus is....."whenever"?[8D]

Quick Reply: Who "knows" about does and BB's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.