HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how long did it take
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how long did it take

I also dabbled with bow hunting when i was 13. I got the game deer avenger and was hooked. Kind odd but so be it. Then on my birthday me and my parents stopped at a yard sale. There sits a 6 month old bear bow. The local store had it for 200 bucks. The closed and sold it for 50s bucks. I bought it for 50 bucks with 24 arrows and everything to shoot. My uncle helped me get into shooting. He told me not to hunt until i had to go from 6 arrows to 3 because i was trashing them. Which i took for real good groups. He told me it would take 6 months. In three weekends off shooting i was robin hooding his arrow with mine. After that i shot first then him. I hunted two years then. I had a field behind my house. I would walk around and look for the deer not much of a hunt though.

I lost my bow when camping my dadhung it on a tree at the camp site. He did not bother to tell me. The camp manager went home with a nice bow that night.
If i had it today it would be hanging on my wall and i would have hunted ever since. I stopped due to lack of funds to replace the bow.
ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

I dabbled w/ bow hunting when I was younger.. not too serious, so, not counting that, I think it was my second season of seriously bowhunting. Nice fat doe. Stick with it...it will happen. Once the ice is broken, it will get easier!