Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunters In close vicinity >

Hunters In close vicinity

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunters In close vicinity

Old 10-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hunters In close vicinity

I have this stand that I put up last year and it is in a great spot, the thing about it is that its about 25-30 yards from the neighbors property. Last year I had a chance at a nice buck in this stand around this time of year so I had high expectations for the spot this year. Well, I have hunted this stand only twice this year and both times I have seen a hunter on the other property about 75-100 yards away climb up into his treestand in the morning, seen the glow of his flashlight. Im not sure how often he hunts that stand but I hope he isn't over hunting it, do you think it may have an affect on deer movement near my stand. Do any of you have hunters close to your set up?
Old 10-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunters In close vicinity

I try to stay away from other hunters but im sure more human scent in the area isnt going to help at all but if hes over hunting it maybe they will skirt out of his range and that may bring them towards you more or they may avoid this area all together. You can never be to sure unless you sit there and hunt it.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunters In close vicinity

ORIGINAL: Bowman4440

maybe they will skirt out of his range and that may bring them towards you more or they may avoid this area all together.
I was kind of thinking that maybe this will happen, maybe the deer are aware of where he usually is and skirt my side of the thicket