Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 October 21st in Wisconsin >

October 21st in Wisconsin

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

October 21st in Wisconsin

Old 10-26-2008, 08:56 PM

Default October 21st in Wisconsin

I've had a trail camera near a trail into a predominately doe bedding area since early September. I had tons of doe/fawn pictures but no bucks...until October 21st. That night I got pics of 3 different bucks coming down the trail and have pics of at least 2 bucks entering every night up to the 24th when I pulled the card from the camera. They've been checking the area out late at nightbut one of the last pictures had a2 and 1/2 year old 8 pointerentering the area just after legal shooting time. (They have to cross a large open area in the hardwoods to enter the bedding area) Haven't seen anything interesting first hand yet. Anything from any other WI hunters?
Old 10-26-2008, 08:59 PM

Default RE: October 21st in Wisconsin

We got some cameras out but all after shooting hours too. We checked them today and it seems like they are coming out 30 minutes after dark.... still a little early so hopefully they will start cruising during daylight a lot more now.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

i got one little buck in an area that is all does until the rut.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:58 AM

The doe bedding area I was referring to is surrounded by brush except for a 5 yard opening where most deer enter/exit. There is now a nice big rub on one of the trees near the entrance.

On my walk out on the 27th in the darkI thought I had spooked a deer, there was a bunch of breaking limbs, sounded like a deer running full steam. I stopped and listened for a while and it was either 1 buck going nuts on every tree in sight or two bucks pushing each other around.