Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hey Littleat got a question >

Hey Littleat got a question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey Littleat got a question

Old 03-26-2003, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hey Littleat got a question

Hey you replied to my question about the broad head adapter rings can you tell me if they work good or not and how much they weigh/[8D]
Old 03-26-2003, 01:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hey Littleat got a question

If you' re talking about the UBAR(Universal Broadhead Adapter Rings) made by NAP... yest they work great. If you' re shooting thunderheads on skinny carbons without them you can have problems. The rings hold the O Ring tight against the back of the head ferrel. Without them the O ring can expand and slip over the shaft allowing a blade to come out. It could also happen on impact with an animal. With the UBAR it won' t happen. ALSO, I feel it gives you a better more true, square, inline fit between the shaft and the broadhead. They now sell Thunderheads for carbons with the UBARs inclosed. IF you don' t have access to those you can buy the UBARs separate at most shops or from NAP. Remember, without them a blade can come off. There is a right and a wrong way to install them. The concave side of the ring goes towards the broadhead. With larger diameter shafts you don' t need them.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:07 PM
nub

Couple things b-rice;

I think you were looking to talk to littleal not littleat. []
As for the UBARS, You could also do a search(good luck!), but I believe a few people had some problems with getting perfect broadhead alinement with them. Shoot a head with better blade retention to begin with and you won' t have to worry one way or the other. That is if your shooting skinnies.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:59 AM
Dominant Buck

There is NO retention problem if they' re assembled correctly. REad my post... 40 animals and never a lost blade.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:17 AM
nub

Read my post. If there wasn' t a retention problem to begin with, you wouldn' t need the UBARS on skinnies now would ya?[] The UBARS are just a bandaid to allow you to use them on the skinny. That to me is a problem. I' m not saying there is a retension problem while useing the UBARS, I said some have had trouble with alinement.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:05 AM
nub

hmmmm, just noticed when you do a search, the search words are boxed and highlighted.

Anyways, heres a link where a couple people have mentioned the ubars not spinning true. http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/fb.as...anguage=single