Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: NJ bear encounter.

Why is everyone so scared of bears? Just like that, they could care less or they run themselves as soon as you say boo.

I "encounter" bears almost yearly and 3 times this year although I was in a tree, I had no problem walking out in the dark knowing he was still in the area.

Tell bro to man up.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Why is everyone so scared of bears? Just like that, they could care less or they run themselves as soon as you say boo.
I swear Rob that everyone thinks the bear Is going to get them! 99% of the time the only reason they may not spook right away Is because there eye sight sucks and there curious as heck to see what you are. The minute they figure out that you are a human there running out of there skin In the other direction most of the time.

Relax everyone, there not out to get you. If you see sow and cubs, go In the opposite direction and everything will be just fine.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like shultzy said, the only time I would be concerned is if you run into a sow with cub, otherwise, all will be good.

When I was up in canada I didnt think twice about running into a bear in the woods, I was cool with it.

Hearing the wolves howling on the other hand...that put a little get up in me....