Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad shot

Old 10-24-2008, 01:53 PM

Default Bad shot

Guys well I hate to say this that I but a bad shoot on a deer. She was moving and I thought she had stopped. I got liver and stomach by the sign I saw. I hate this I gave her 4 hours and then started tracking her I tracked her for 300 yards and then the sign disappeared. I hate this. Man I feel so bad that I couldnt find her.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bad shot

Happens to everyone whether they admit it or not . Keep trying though, if you got liver, she's dead somewhere for sure.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

What time did you shoot her?
Old 10-24-2008, 01:59 PM

Droptine This happened yesterday morning @ 745. I had to be at work for late shift and then this morning back at work until 4pm. I also am stationed in florida it was 80 yesterday so she aint doin to good. I plan on tommorrow at lunch to go back and look for her. I know that it happens but this is my first. Man this feeling sucks.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree. If you did hit the liver or even nick it the deer will die and you really should be able to recover it. It's just finding it that will be difficult.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't beat your self up. The shot may be doing more damage than you think. If you didn't hear her crash by all means wait, don't push her. I thought I made a bad shot today on my 7 point and he went down in 70 yards. I caught 1 lung, but it must have got a pretty good artery or something. I watch my Lunanok go right into his stomach and swar I would have to look for him allot later. I got lucky I guess. Don't give up, you will find her.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

A deer shot in the liver will die for sure. I think we all could use a little more information. What time did youhit it, what time did you stop looking, did you ever jump the deer. If you never jumped the deer, she is out there. Start grid searches from the spot of last blood, a liver shot deer should bleed out fairly quick, I am positive if you hit her liver she is dead already and she might not be that far from where you stopped looking. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Spike

Anytime any hunter makes a bad shot (which happens alot by the way)and can retrieve a deer or any animal for that matter it makes us as hunters feel bad. But look at it this way, we just gave a family of coyetes and raccoons dinner. Sad that you could retrieve it tho. But it happens to the best of us...
Old 10-24-2008, 02:07 PM

I shot her at 745 am. Got out of the tree 30 minutes later looked at my arrow. Didnt look to good lots of blood just very little lung blood. I think I nicked the lung and bunched the liver. Got out of there. Went back at 1145 had extremely dark blood pools in some places but never where she layed down. Then tracked for about 300 yards never found her. Did grid searching by myself and never even saw sign looked in every down tree every where didnt find her. I looked for about 2 hours.

Quick Reply: Bad shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.