Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Not 2 Impressed with the 09 Hoyts >

Not 2 Impressed with the 09 Hoyts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not 2 Impressed with the 09 Hoyts

Old 10-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default Not 2 Impressed with the 09 Hoyts

Before I start, I have shot Hoyt bows since the mid 90's when the Enticer and Alpha Tec was introduced (Can't remember the exact year) and last year I bought a Bowtech 101st Airborne. Now I was waiting to see what Hoyy was going to introduce and all they come up with is the AlphaMax 32 and the AlphaMax 35 ???

Sorry but not real impressed from a company that used to be the Harley Davidson of the archery industry....
Old 10-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Not 2 Impressed with the 09 Hoyts

What are your thoughts ?? Am I the only one ??
Old 10-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

There's only so many ways to re-invent the wheel. Modern bows are so good these last few years, there's simply not much more they can do to them. Regardless of brand, the last couple years they've changed the risershapes or the thickness of the limbs and tried to advertise them as huge design advances, but they aren't much different performance wise than a couple years ago. My old reliable Mathews MQ1 shoots about as good and fast as any new bowMathewsoffers imo. For most folks, they are buying a new bow mainly to have a current model year, much like buying a new car every other year, but for the most part they'll all get you from point A to point B.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:45 PM

I dont see what is unimpressive about it really.

Split riser should absorb more shock, BT guys love theirs.

STILL a hoyt, best quality bow hands down...no other company would even dare challenge that.

People asked for a lighter Hoyt, they GOT it. 3.9 lbs is unheard of for a Hoyt, .3 lbs lighter than the Admiral.

321 IBO aint nothing to spit on, hell do you guys realize that Bowtech only currently offers 1 bow that is over 325 IBO, and that is the 82nd (from last year, similar to Hoyt keeping their speed bow Katera). Bowtechs split riser FLAGSHIP BOW the Admiral is only a 312-320 IBO. yet no one mentions BT dropping the ball, or relying on a company name this year?

IDK, might be because this is predominantly a Bowtech site, but i just dont see why the bows being so similar, yet one having laminated limbs and Hoyts fall from a mountain durability, can have such a difference in opinion.

Im actually seeing a trend here, Ill start another thread so as to not hijack.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Dominant Buck

STILL a hoyt, best quality bow hands down...no other company would even dare challenge that.
More hyperbole?
Old 10-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Usually most of the things you say are spot-on. But this past quote makes me giggle just a bit. They make a good bow, but they arent the best, and definitely not the best "hands down."
Old 10-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

With the quality of bows currently on the market, its pretty hard to be very "impressed" with anything new. Im glad to see Hoyt is trying something a little new with the limb pockets. They would be stupid not too, given the success BT has had with the center pivot design. At least they didnt repaint the Katera and try to sell that design off as new.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Good discussion, don't feel like you will hijack this thread. I am not a fan of the Admiral, personally I like the Sentinel. Hoyt bows have been slightly on the heavy side, and yes to be 3.9 pounds (on the 32) is good. I am not one who jumps on the weight of the bow as the main factor, but it does play into the scenario.

I like the 08 Bowtech due to the smooth draw cycle and consistent wall. All I am saying is that I would of expected more from a company like Hoyt....to introduce 4 bows for the new year ?

As far as published IBO Speeds, are they accurate ?? I don't know, but I know this HP on sleds is put out there only to DYNO them to realize it doesn't do what they said and they come up with reasons why its 8-10 hp less.

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I dont see what is unimpressive about it really.

Split riser should absorb more shock, BT guys love theirs.

People asked for a lighter Hoyt, they GOT it. 3.9 lbs is unheard of for a Hoyt, .3 lbs lighter than the Admiral.

321 IBO aint nothing to spit on, hell do you guys realize that Bowtech only currently offers 1 bow that is over 325 IBO, and that is the 82nd (from last year, similar to Hoyt keeping their speed bow Katera). Bowtechs split riser FLAGSHIP BOW the Admiral is only a 312-320 IBO. yet no one mentions BT dropping the ball, or relying on a company name this year?

IDK, might be because this is predominantly a Bowtech site, but i just dont see why the bows being so similar, yet one having laminated limbs and Hoyts fall from a mountain durability, can have such a difference in opinion.

Im actually seeing a trend here, Ill start another thread so as to not hijack.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:15 PM

I said it wrong sorry, not claiming BT doesnt have amazing quality, quality was meant as durability guys....not quality in general.

Every major company these days have great quality. I was just saying Hoyt is built on toughness, that is what they are known for.

Kind of like the 1500 dry fire riser test, or 1000 dry fire limb test. I personally dropped my bow from 22 feet last year (bumped it off bowhook, which I no longer use now), and no harm no foul.

GMMAT, if that word hyperbole is still stumpin ya, you can use "figure of speech" in lieu of that word, if it makes you feel better. Won't sound so youthful that way either.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Each denotes exaggeration/embellishment, I suppose.

I can live with "figure of speech" for your remarks.

Quick Reply: Not 2 Impressed with the 09 Hoyts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.