Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Not 2 Impressed with the 09 Hoyts >

Not 2 Impressed with the 09 Hoyts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not 2 Impressed with the 09 Hoyts

Old 10-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Not 2 Impressed with the 09 Hoyts

I am not real sure about the alphamax. I am ordering a new 2009 katera through my dealer here locally. I am wondering if there will be a difference between the 2009 katera and the 2008. Or my other question is can I even get a 2009 katera? Just wondering if anyone knows.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

I know there is no "best", but he seemed pretty sure that Hoyt wasnt, so I assumed he knew something we didnt.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

STILL a hoyt, best quality bow hands down...no other company would even dare challenge that.
Usually most of the things you say are spot-on. But this past quote makes me giggle just a bit. They make a good bow, but they arent the best, and definitely not the best "hands down."
OK well, How do you determine who the "Best" is?? its a personal opinion 110% Theirs no right and no wrong about it. My opinion makes Hoyt the best, my friend Rod's opinion makes Mathews the best, Cody's makes High Country the best.

There is NO BEST COMPANY. End of story. Its all opinion.

Ryan.
From a shooters standpoint,it is opinion,I agree but not from a durability standpoint.
My neighbor has a hoyt from 1996?? Still hunts with it and shoots better than i do with my 2008 vulcan. You cant tell me they dont make a durable bow?

Every bow company has its problems, their can not be any one bow company that reighs supreme. Its that simple. Every bow company makes a good bow, you cant tell me that a bow company dosent make a durable bow, seriosuly, bowtech has had as many problems as hoyt has.

I'd sorta like to get your stance on this a little better, Get a little more in depth on your mentality on this one I dont understand is all.

Ryan.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

I agree, as a shooter you will havepreference to what you pick, but quality control is driven by company standards.

I know that Bowtech had issues with their limbs and fixed it. Hoyt has had its issues in the past as well. But as technology moves forward these issues become almost extinct.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

STILL a hoyt, best quality bow hands down...no other company would even dare challenge that.
Usually most of the things you say are spot-on. But this past quote makes me giggle just a bit. They make a good bow, but they arent the best, and definitely not the best "hands down."
OK well, How do you determine who the "Best" is?? its a personal opinion 110% Theirs no right and no wrong about it. My opinion makes Hoyt the best, my friend Rod's opinion makes Mathews the best, Cody's makes High Country the best.

There is NO BEST COMPANY. End of story. Its all opinion.

Ryan.
From a shooters standpoint,it is opinion,I agree but not from a durability standpoint.
My neighbor has a hoyt from 1996?? Still hunts with it and shoots better than i do with my 2008 vulcan. You cant tell me they dont make a durable bow?

Every bow company has its problems, their can not be any one bow company that reighs supreme. Its that simple. Every bow company makes a good bow, you cant tell me that a bow company dosent make a durable bow, seriosuly, bowtech has had as many problems as hoyt has.

I'd sorta like to get your stance on this a little better, Get a little more in depth on your mentality on this one I dont understand is all.

Ryan.
It looks like you have missed my point,I am saying Hoyt's durability reins supreme RIGHT NOW.

They had BAD issues in the past with limbs(same as the other manufactuers are using now),they went to the split limbs and were bending pockets left and right.They fixed it and are rid of those issues completely.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:03 PM

You know.....Every year I read this same basic thread. Not impressed with the new Hoyts. Yet, somehow....They remain one of the top selling bows. And, they're admitedly a tad expensive......so they must be impressing somebody.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

I'm just curious to see how many guys on here and anywhere else have actually shot the Alphamax to actually give a hands on review. I've counted zero so far. Well one guy tested one on Archerytalk. So many guys "unimpressed" , so little hands on experience.

I'm not sure what every body expects them to do. Hoyt is usually dead on with it's IBO speeds, and with a little tinkering and good set of strings, it's not uncommon to pick up 10+ fps over their own rating. So what are the complaints concerning? They built a 32", 7" brace height bow that will most likely be smooth, quiet, easily tunable, easily shootable and forgiving, adjustable DL modules, fast enough for most guys shooting at deer at reasonable ranges, and the toughest limbs in the business.

Are we disappointed they didn'tadd the wonderful cable roller guard idea this year ???[8D]

I get to shoot one this weekend. If I can get to the shop between hunts. I hope to have a nice 2 or 3 word review of it.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:11 PM

Although I haven't shot one yet, I have been following the introduction of the new Alphamax pretty closely. Rather than try to amp the speed up a ratchet over the Katera (which I'm sure the Hoyt engineers could easily do); they chose to design a bow that is real smooth, real quiet, and dead flat in your hand after the shot. They also designed the cams to be adjustable - and set the cams up to not lose the traditional 10 fps per inch of draw length below 30". A 29" draw Alphamax will supposedly shoot very close to IBO.

I'm impressed.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

The wonderfull roller cable guard that has been out for 20 something years.

Sorry,I couldn't help myself.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

Nobody can lay claim to being the best bow "hands down." The fact is,Mathews, BowTech, Hoyt, etc., are all excellent bows, and the "best" one is simply a matter of personal preference.

I agree with what someone said, "you can only reinvent the wheel so many times," but the thing I truly appreciate is that all these bowshave something to offer, and the innovations of each have only served to give us, the archer, a truly superior product!

I'vealways beenone of those"Mathews is the best" guys, becauseIbelieve they have done as much asanyone to improve compoundsin the past 10 years; however, I'm equally as impressed with the BowTechs, whichare one of the smoothest, quietest bows, ever!

Quick Reply: Not 2 Impressed with the 09 Hoyts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.