Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Robin in the Hood >

Robin in the Hood

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Robin in the Hood

Old 10-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default Robin in the Hood

Felt that I was shooting pretty well tonight...getting ready for a morning hunt tomorrow. 1st arrow is from 40 yards, 2nd is from 50 yards. My first RH. Hopefully its a good sign for tomorrow.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o310/craigbuist/DSC01399.jpg
Old 10-23-2008, 04:29 PM

Default RE: Robin in the Hood

What is this? Almost November and you have not put a big one down yet? J/K..........nice shooting.

You notice the weather front moving in tomm. night and Saturday also. I just realized you posted that your hunting tomm. morning. You must be thinking the same thing I am because I took tomm. off also to hunt)))

Dave
Old 10-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice shooting! Very nice. I'malso going out in the morning for an all day hunt. It should begetting under way.Good luck.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

Dave,

Nothing in the bag yet, but I have let several smaller bucks walk. Does just not getting within range while on the stand.

I'm doing the morning hunt till about noon then packing it in to go visit my daughter at college. It'll be hard not to be able to hunt tomorrow evening, but....priorities.

How are you doing this year?

ORIGINAL: SouthernMDArchers

What is this? Almost November and you have not put a big one down yet? J/K..........nice shooting.

You notice the weather front moving in tomm. night and Saturday also. I just realized you posted that your hunting tomm. morning. You must be thinking the same thing I am because I took tomm. off also to hunt)))

Dave
Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 PM

Well after last year with my Fathers illness then getting called up for a deployment I am doing good. I did not get back into town from a recent deployment until Oct 8th. Luckily the son and I put up all the stands in August before I left on deployment.

As far as hunting goes I am seeing a lot of deer. Many are in range but no shooters yet. To be honest I am not real sure what is in my part of the woods. I initially got back from deployment in July then had to go again in late August................Soooo, that left no time for glassing or serious scouting.

My climber is getting a workout this year as I move from spot to spot trying to pin down a good primary and secondary spot for the rut. Anyways nice talking with you and good luck tomm.

Dave

Old 10-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I have done a few of those in my time... and I got really mad when They did robin hood shots on myth busters and said that it was impossible. And If I had known where to write to... I'd have set them strait on it! its very possible! but it almost never happens when you are trying to do it. Most off mine happen when I have just spent money of new arrows!
Old 10-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

here you go man