Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer and Rain??? >

Deer and Rain???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer and Rain???

Old 10-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer and Rain???

I know this has probably been discussed on here alot recently but I havent had the chance to check the site for a while. It has been raining all day and last night here in my part of South Dakota, what effect does rain have on deer? I was hoping to hunt this afternoon, should I still go or are my chances of seeing deer slim?? Any advice would be great!! Thank You!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Deer and Rain???

be there the minute it lets up for any substantial amount of time
Old 10-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer and Rain???

My experience is anything over moderate rain to pouring rain has been unsuccessful.
Same with wind over 15mph.
I don't waste my time anymore, as I only can hunt so much and try to save it for favorable weather.
Maybe I will in the future when I buy a ground blind, so I won't have water running down my back and prunning all my body parts.