Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 well what do you think?? >

well what do you think??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

well what do you think??

Old 10-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default well what do you think??

today i had big buck run up on me hardly giving me time to shoot. well i shot he lunged forward and the arrow hit him near the back leg. looked for a while and couldn't find him. what should i do?? i'm planning on looking more in the a.m. but idk?? i feel sick that i didn't make a better. shot second time i've made a bad shot on this guy first one was a miss. i've been watching him since last year.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: well what do you think??

Get back out and look in the morning, circle around... Did you hit the hind quarter or did you get a pass through gut shot?

Need to know details about shot and placement, was it broadside? Quartering Away? etc...
Old 10-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

If You hit Him near the back leg You probably gotsome guts. You should have let Him lay down, and not tracked Him. A gut shot deer will usually die after 4 or 5 hours. If You jumped Him out of His first bed though He could go for miles. You'll just have to look, and hope theres some sign of which way He went.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wounded deer almost always head for water, walk the creeks, etc....just dont give up!

Old 10-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Dominant Buck

What did your arrow look like? I'd start, there.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

it was immediatly in front of the back shoulder. he kinda walked off with his butt in the air. he was broadside this happened say about 6:30. there was two of them i watched the second for a while after i shot the first one. the first one dissapeared after i shot him. i never heard him run.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck doing a grid search, that's all the hope you have at this point. Probably should have left him go completely over night without looking. SOmetimes gut shots can take more than 10 hrs to die.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

You shot Him infront of the shoulder? Or infront of the hind quarter? Did You find Your arrow?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

i hit directly in front of thehind quarter. in the gut. it was a neon green arrow should be easy to find. no it was not a pass through shot. it stuck in him about 1/2 way or a little more.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

TRAILRIDER- If the buck came in on you so fast then why did you take a shot , i mean if he cme in that fast in order for you to get a shot at him that means you had to rush your shot .Why would you want to do that at such a nice buck or any deer for that matter.I'm not trying to give you a hard time but i realy think you need to decide if the shot your taken is a good for or not you owe it to the animale that you are hunting .Good luck and i hope you find your buck if so put some picture on so we can see him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.