Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 well what do you think?? >

well what do you think??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

well what do you think??

Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: well what do you think??

ORIGINAL: trailrider894

listen 20yds broadside.front leg forward standing perfectly still. wind in favor. what would you have done??
Um, what does this have to do with anything?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

well someone was bashing me about taking half ass shot's. so i was asking them if they would have taken the shot. i mean wouldn't you have!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

No reason you shouldn't find this deer. I would imagine hedidn't go far. Get out there in the morning and bust your tail looking for him.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

TRAILRIDER -All i'm saying is you took to fast of a shot . You said he came in hardly give you time to shoot and you decided to take the shot anyway of fear you would never see that buck again, well you took a bad shot now you may never find that buck so you might be in the same boat you were talking about earlyer the one where you said if you didn't take the shot you wouldn't see that buck again .All i'm asking of you is think before you shoot ask yourself is this a good shot or not or ask yourself if i have to take that fast of a shot will i make a good shot on that deer like i said you owe it to the animale your shooting at .I'm not trying to come down on you ,i know we all make mistakes just learn from them.
Well stated.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:28 AM

We all make mistakes, no doubt abuout it, dont beat yourself up over it, get out there and find that deer. He will bed within 100yds from where you shot him unless something bumped him out of his first bed, dont give up, look everywhere. I dont know what you use for practicing but i highly recomend a deer target, it helps a lot. Sometimes if a guy uses a block type of target they will center punch a deer because thats the way they have been practicing. Just a couple of suggestions, they may help for next time, and to answer your question i would have shot that deer. Once we release an arrow anything can happen- I recomend this book to everyone "Finding wounded deer" by John Trout jr great read even for the experienced hunter.....
Old 10-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

well went out today on the farm looking for him. ran into the same two deer again wi'll searching it didn't have my arrow in it. i glassed them for a little while. well i know he is still out there alive now so i guess i owe it to him to tie a tag on him so that's what i'll be doing as soon as i get more broadheads.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

and how much does a target like that cost??
Old 10-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

You can get one for under $100..
Old 10-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

good cause i need one. i'm sick of sucking at bow hunting.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

You need to practice, we all have made a bad shot, the only thing you can do is learn from this and move on, and anyone who says they have never made a not so good shot, is full of s#*t. It is all part of bow hunting. Pratice makes Permanent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.