Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how many shots have you goten at 1 deer? >

how many shots have you goten at 1 deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how many shots have you goten at 1 deer?

Old 03-24-2003, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default how many shots have you goten at 1 deer?

how many shots has a deer that walked in front of you let you shoot at her before being spooked. i have heard about my uncle saying that he has goten a 3rd shot. missed the first 2 times on a doe but he got a good hit on her the 3rd time.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: how many shots have you goten at 1 deer?

I missed a buck twice! First shot was just over his back and he ran away about 20 yards or so. I hit the grunt tube and brought him back into bow range and I put my second shot over his back again. He didn' t stick around after the second shot but he didn' t run off too far, only about 100 yards on top of a ridge. After waiting and watching him for 15 or 20 minutes I tried the rattle horns. He came bolting down the hill and stopped right under my stand! I took him at 15 yards He was my third deer I took with the bow.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

About 20 years ago I decided to try a release. Its was a hand held release. It worked pretty good. One morning I got into my stand and realized I had lost my release on the way out. I decided to hunt anyway and just shoot fingers like I used to. Needless to say an hour after sunrise a nice doe came down the trail towards my stand. She was going to pass at about 20 yards. I shot about 8 inches over her back. She stopped and froze, looking at the tree my arrow had hit about 40 yards away. Second shot was also high, I couldn' t beleive it. She ran and stopped about 25 yards on my other side and looked in my general direction. My last shot went low, she snorted, and trotted off. The old adreniline was really pumping!

Since then its been one arrow and no misses unless I' ve stuck the arrow into a tree.

Good Luck!
Old 03-24-2003, 08:46 PM

actually the most shots i have ever taken at a deer is ----ZERO!
however, i do have plans to change that this year
Old 03-24-2003, 09:05 PM

The only deer I have taken I got two shots at. I hit her both times. The first deflected off a twig and gut shot her. She walked into another opening and the second shot was through the boiler room.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:27 PM

I once got two shots a buck. The first shot, i hit a branch, he was around 30 yrds away at that point. He spooked when i shot, but i hit the True Talker and he just couldn' t resist, i double-lunged him at 25yrds the second time. He was no wall-hanger, only a little 5pnt but he was only my second buck with a bow.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took 2 shots at a doe at around 30 yards. The first shot was under her belly and she took off for the timber. She must of figured that it was safe and she wandered back to almost the same spot as before and well the results where the same. just under her belly. This time she bolted for the trees and didn' t come back into range. I watched her mingle around for a good half hour or so before she finally wandered off. This was only the second time shooting a bow at an actual deer and all I could figure out was I didn' t bend at the waist enough. Both of my arrows hit the gound with in 2 inches of each other. At least I was consistant! Live and learn...
Old 03-24-2003, 10:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-25-2003, 01:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

About 20yrs ago-it was my very 1st time bowhunting and I shot 3 times at a 6pt that was about 20yds out.Put 2 arrows over his back and 1 under his chest.He didn' t spook and I probably could' ve gotten another shot but I didn' t have any more arrows.That 1st season was definitely a learning experience!
Old 03-25-2003, 05:37 AM

My first year bowhunting I missed a doe twice and almost got a 3rd shot when she spotted me ( Learned later what correct draw length and anchoring can do !! )

A couple of years ago I shot a 137 " buck twice.....first shot at 15 yrds he didn' t know what hit him.......second shot he had started trotting off and I stopped him and got another one in him about 25-30 yrds ! He went down and I about fell out of my tree !!

Quick Reply: how many shots have you goten at 1 deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.