Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Overcoming LW stand "obstacles" (sit & climb) >

Overcoming LW stand "obstacles" (sit & climb)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Overcoming LW stand "obstacles" (sit & climb)

Old 10-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Overcoming LW stand "obstacles" (sit & climb)

Biggest obastacle I've exerienced is not being able to catch a good catnap in my stand when I get in REALLY early to my spots.

BUT....lol..."So you're sayin' there's a chance" kept me trying to figure out a way. So......assuming you're sitting with the bar in the "sit and climb" position (inside the rail)......you sit like normal....then raise the bar up under your chin, kinda. Now you can fold your arms and you have a great headrest. Cinch your tether up to where it's tight when you're in this position.....and you can snooze like a child, safely and quite comfortably.

Another thing I've found is.....when you're standing....if you'll raise the sit and climb bar to the "up" position (you have to get outside the rail)....IT IS closer to the tree....and it'll allow you to get closer to the tree. It's a more comfortable stand, that way....and your profile can be lessened by virtue of you being closer to the tree.

If I can figure out a way to make that &$%^#%( seat more comfortable for long sits.....I'd go into marketing for them. it's a great stand in almost every aspect....but when they make that seat more comfortable.....they'll corner the market.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Overcoming LW stand "obstacles" (sit & climb)

For the price of the stands, they should be able to hold your bottle for you and change your diaper too.[8D]

LT
Old 10-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

it's a great stand in almost every aspect....but when they make that seat more comfortable.....they'll corner the market.
Get an equalizer. As long as Equalizer makes a stand, LW will never corner the market. However, Equalizer does basically NO advertising...

I'm SURE the LW is a great stand, but I'm also sure that the LW cannot hold a candle to the Equalizer.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

I use the sit and climb bar to climb and then i step out of it and put it under the seat. It adds a little structure to the seat. I've sat all day 5 times so far this season and i didnt think it was too bad. i also dont like having the bar on the outside, i feel that it restricts me if i need to stand on the edge of the platform. still throwing around the idea(Buckeye's idea) of replacing the seat with my old summit seat. I also found a great way to sleep in the stand but its not the most practical. While inside the sit and climb bar you put your butt on the platform and the s&c bar under your arms. I also moved my safety harness so it would be tight. cant imagine being anymorecomfortable but i would only do this if you were sleeping while waiting for daylight. Too hard to standup fromthat position.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:42 AM

"Get an equalizer. As long as Equalizer makes a stand, LW will never corner the market. However, Equalizer does basically NO advertising...

I'm SURE the LW is a great stand, but I'm also sure that the LW cannot hold a candle to the Equalizer."

I love my lone wolf. But that equalizer looks very interesting. How much does it weigh?
Old 10-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Dominant Buck

For the price of the stands, they should be able to hold your bottle for you and change your diaper too.[8D]

LT
So it's price, huh? What do you think about Scent-lok?

Don't answer that.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Dominant Buck

I just checked out the equalizer. I'd seriously give it a look if they'd make a lighter version. The smallest one they make weighs 25 lbs. (that's without a front bar or a a backrest). Why can't they make an aluminum model? I kinda like the way it attaches, the cables, leveling system, etc...

Maybe they'll figure out a way to make it lighter.....and THEN they might be a more prominent name out there (I say that HOPING they will be. It looks like a very solid design).

Also.....I noticed on the equalizer the strap that connects the two is very short. How's that for climbing? An obstacle? Is it adjustable (easy to let out to climb more quickly?).

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Spike

The regular equalizer weighs 20 lbs and the EQ24 weighs 25 lbs and they are both made out of aluminum.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Dominant Buck

The EQ 24 "I thought" was the smaller of the 2. I'll go look, again.

I see, now. Doesn't look to be the most comfortable stand....but at 20#'s (if you can believe that) it's something to consider (Only reason I mention the weight is.....the LW's weigh more than they say they do).

I'd love to see one in person......and use it.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Spike

The Eq24 is the 24" wide model. I am looking at the equalizer also and trying to decide between the two. I am a big guy with a 42" waist and will probably be using the sling seat or the Summit sling seat.

Quick Reply: Overcoming LW stand "obstacles" (sit & climb)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.