Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First big doe down!!!! >

First big doe down!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First big doe down!!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default First big doe down!!!!

Sorry long read. Its oct 16th and im sitting watching the weather at 8:30pm. I see that its supposed to get down to 33 degrees. That was enough to put me in the mindset thatI have to be in my tree stand in the morning. I figured with the cold weather the deer would be up and movingin themorning. I wake up oct 17th at 6:00am to my alarm. Sunrise was not till 7:11. "Here in vermont we can shot 30 mins befor sunrise." I got up had a glass of milk, got in my camo and headed to the treestand.It is only 600 yards from the house.

On my way down it was a full moon i didnt see anything in the hay feild on the way to my stand. I was thinking here we go again another long sit just to see some squirrls. I sneak into my treestand without making any noise i was real happy about that. I get all set and ready by 6:20. I then relized I probly should of got there earlier sence it was about 20 mins tillI could shot.I knock my arrow and fix my rage broadhead from taking it out of the quiver. Im sitting there it feels like its been a while so i look at my cell phone just to see if it is legal shooting hours it says 6:47. Im sitting there thinking somtihng should start happening any second.

3 mins later i here a stick crack to my right. I was just thinking oh heres my squirrls playing around again. So i dont pay much attention to it. Im looking around and then look back to my right and theres 2 does. I was caught sitting down. I had my release hooked to my string already. I was sitting there thinking how amI going to do this. Only had one shooting lane so when she was in it stood up and drew my bow at the same time. She did just whatIwanted her to she frooze. It was a perfect broadside shot.I made sureI was calm put the the pin right were it needed to be and slowley squeezed the trigger. I swear that arrow moved so slow that i could of thrown it faster. It ended up hitting the perfect spot. Theres nothing like that whack of the arrow hitting a deer. It was a complete pass threw. I watched the deer for about 50 yards and she stopped and started to stumble then she went out of sight.

I wait in my treestand for about 30 mins called my gf and told her to drive my truck down. I called all of my buddy told themI got one. I was trying to do anything i could to stay in the tree i didnt want to push the deer. So i get down and stand wereI hit her. Im just standing there looking around and i see a deer at about 50 yards away and im like what the heck i hope thats not my deer. I was thinking theres no way. I stand there and watch her i get oput my primos can call and hit that twice. All of a sudden that doe kind of circles around and comes to 10 yards away from me. I couldnt believe it. She then smelt me and kind of just ran off then stopped and walked. my Gf then calls me and says she just jumped to deer so i turn around and heres a deer running straight at me this deer goes 10 yards from then sees me cause i waived my arm causeI thought it was going to run me over.

Well after all that excitment we get on the blood trail. Couldnt ask for a better blood trail. We follow it about 35 yardsI look up and theres the deer right about were i had seen her stumble she had made it about 3 more yards. In the end 50 yard tracking job. The rage broadheads do it again.She went 110 lbs looks like a good mature doe.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: First big doe down!!!!

heres the pics

Old 10-18-2008, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

WTG!!!! looks like a nice size doe. Congrats to you
Old 10-18-2008, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrats on your doe.

Never had to go hand to hand with one.....but I think I'd have let her keep coming!

Congrats, again!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job man! Good looking doe and great story!

Shane
Old 10-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats. thats a good sized doe
Old 10-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

I couldnt do this without all of your guys help. You guys have gavin me so much help picking my gear and all kind of information on bow hunting. You guys also kept me going on those days when I didnt want to get up i just tohught about some things that you guys say cant kill one from your couch and things like that. thank you guys now time to get a buck next year.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Typical Buck

big doe!! congrats!
Old 10-19-2008, 03:03 AM
Fork Horn

Cool story bro! Congratts!

Old 10-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe.