Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DELETED.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Archery Shop Guy is a Total @$$hole

i got some advise start a bow shop. lol wonder how long it would be to send him into the drain
Old 10-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

7 minutes away from San Angelo
Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World‎ -
14908 North Fwy, Houston, TX - (281) 209-0900‎
[quote]ORIGINAL: Tomkat08

Yea field and streams are really nice guys but they dont sell bows and big 5 doesnt do bow work and then the bass pro shop in houston is not 7 minutes its 7 hours
Old 10-17-2008, 07:40 PM

Try a letter to the editor or something to that effect. Or, bake the dude some cookies and kiss some ass, see of that gets you anywhere.

Sorry, but good luck.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

wow....i feel lucky now...i know all the guys at my pro shop and they do a lot of my stuff for free, things that aren't under warranty they just do it cuz they're good people..i don't know what i'd do if they acted like the people you guys are talking about
Old 10-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel better now knowing we have 2 bow shops here in Odessa,not to mention enough TBH members (andywayoutwest) that will help out if needed!They have a 30yard range at Tejas and it's only $7 a day!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i got some advise start a bow shop. lol wonder how long it would be to send him into the drain

Yeah... there is a great idea.... spend over $100,000 to open a legit business when you know absolutely nothing about working on archery equipment simply in order to save $45 on a bow string.

Next time you have a headache... instead of BC powder.... try a guillotine......

$125 is on the steep side for just a string change. But the question comes back to this... first, what kinda string did he use? If you got a Winner's Choice or a Zebra or a Cuda... a string, plus a buss cable and a control cable can very easily run you $100. Our shop sells Zebras for $42 for string, $31 for cable. We'll reset your nock point, reinstall your peep, leeches, check center shot, check timing/cam rotation etc etc, and labor will typically run you about $25. Do the math. Thats right at $100. And thats assuming you don't buy new leeches or whatever string suppressor you prefer. And that you don't decide on a new peep or that you don't want your string served for an STS.

It boils down to this. If you want to dispute a $25 labor charge, then I openly encourage you to buy a press and all the tools you'll need to work on your own equipment. Infact, I'll even show you how to do it. Just remember that if you press your own bow and somehow damage it in a press... if you have a lifetime warranty.... you don't anymore. And as the old saying goes.....

Labor Charge.... $40/hr.

$50/hr if you watch......
$60/hr if you help.....
and $100/hr if you worked on it first.

The fact that he quoted you $50-60... and then hit you blind side with a $125 bill is, in my opinion, crooked and shady. As much as I'll go to bat for a dealer (not all the time, because I don't have issues like this because we don't surprise folks like this), in this instance you have a right legit gripe. He doesn't have to like you, there are a couple of guys who are rather loyal customers of ours that neither me nor the shop owner can stand one bit.... but they get a fair and equal deal... perhaps nothing extra... we might not bend over backwards... but its a straight deal. You deserve nothing less as a customer either.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:47 PM

I feel lucky. Anybody remember ladyforge? She's at "blueridge backwoods" in central IL. 100% Awesome. Look 'em up on the 'net.
A++++++ Folks
Old 10-17-2008, 09:02 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Buckmaster519

7 minutes away from San Angelo
Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World‎ -
14908 North Fwy, Houston, TX - (281) 209-0900‎
ORIGINAL: Tomkat08

Yea field and streams are really nice guys but they dont sell bows and big 5 doesnt do bow work and then the bass pro shop in houston is not 7 minutes its 7 hours
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl thats odd google maps shows 7 minutes mate.:/[:-]

2hour 45min * This would be worth the drive to get away from a tard when you need quality work done.
http://www.tejasshootingsports.net/
Tejas Shooting Sports‎ - more info »[/align]421 E 8th St, Odessa, TX - (432) 332-7358‎
Old 10-18-2008, 06:14 AM

Unfortunately, I have the opposite situation! Both shops around me are great guys, great prices, just awesome all the way around. Unfortunately, they know less than most of you here about working on bows. It totally blows.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bowstring or brain surgery, in this day and age, no one has to put up with that nonsense. After item one on your list, I'd be shopping and dealing elsewhere.

I wish you luck though. I do know how it feels to just want someplace close as a matter of convenience.

Quick Reply: DELETED.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.