Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Check out this picture... >

Check out this picture...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Check out this picture...

Old 10-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Check out this picture...

i have not seen kellys pic but the one in the post looks fake i have never seen a pic of anything where you can see through a animal or person or what ever
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

So Kelly's is a fake, too? Is that what you "fake" guys are saying?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats gotta be real...What does being able to see through the deers body or it being blurryhave to do with anything? That happens on occasion when the deer are moving quickly.

Here's an example from my moultrie this year:

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk356/bowmanaj/trailcamendogjuly003.jpg

Old 10-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

DOES ANYBODY READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS??
I think this will answer your question Matt.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i have not seen kellys pic but the one in the post looks fake i have never seen a pic of anything where you can see through a animal or person or what ever
I just posted it right before you posted saying that it was fake.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Honestly, what does it matter to us if it's fake or real?
If it's real, awesome picture.
If it's not real, great photoshopping job.

Kudos either way.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Kelly/KY

IBM...you're on crack, no offense. If you want the original, I still have it loaded. I didn't photoshopmine.
You know I still like you kelly!! No worries!!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a pretty long background in photography and I agree that this photo is completely plausible.

The ambient light cause the images of the trees to be registered first; the animal jumps and the flash trips and captures the image of the deer frozen in midair. The timer on the camera would naturally have a very slight delay before causing the flash to trip...thus the brighter light shining through the trees would register sharp enough to be registered first with the overlay of the animal captured by the flash. The flash does NOT fire as the precise moment that the lens opens to capture the image. It is essentially physically impossible.

As to the blood...try those Rage broadheads and see for yourself. They lay that animal wide open instantly. By the time it coiled and jumped, that much blood could easily be beginning to exit near the entrance wound because of the pressure created on the lung area from the deer recoiling to jump...and it has to recoil first to jump.

This era of game trail cameras is a new era. We'll see more amazing photos of shots and I'm sure we'll have people who simply can't believe that such things could happen. If you've hunted and fished long enough, you should know that the truth is a whole heck of a lot more unbelievable than anything you could make up.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I've seen plenty of deer shot on video that spurted blood at the first move after impact........A couple Drury vids come to mind recently where they are shooting Rage heads.
I bet I'm thinking of the same exact video. I watched that thing in slow motion about 10 times. I think mark shot it, the deer had really tall g3's (if i remember right) and was walking right to left in the video. blood explodes out of the deer on impact. it was actually kind of gross.

I think the pictures is real.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow nice
Old 10-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya has to be a rage blade, notice the little penetration, any other blade would be sticking in the ground. probably a mathews bow as well.

Quick Reply: Check out this picture...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.