Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Check out this picture... >

Check out this picture...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Check out this picture...

Old 10-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Check out this picture...

hard telling whether or not the picture was put together in an outside program...the deer itself looks real enough, its whether or not it was added to a background by a 15 yr old looking to impress some friends.....I'm not saying that of course could be legit could not be....it was a nice shot though
Old 10-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tomkat08

Im knowledgeable in photoshop and paintshop. And it is a fact this is a fake image.
You can actually follow the ghosted image of the background trees right through the deer.

No need to look at the blood or anything else really. Also the person that did this is not very good with what ever they are using to make this image lol. They didnt use and extraction method for rendering the image of the deer haha. It was done manually by hand .
No.

Why would the extraction of the REST of the deer (the more difficult areas such as the whispy tail, the dirt in front of the hoof, etc that require a softer mask, or channel selection be perfect? I noticed the humps as well, but I don't believe they're brush strokes. The transparency is called ghosting...it can happen very easily when a long exposure is coupled with a flash of a light source (such as the flash from a camera). Here's a test for you...

Go into a dark room. Get a camera with manual controls, and put it on a tripod. Set the camera to a long exposure (10seconds or so). Have someone in the room standing in the shot. Depress the shutter, then flick the lights on the room, then turn them off. Have the person move to another spot, again flick the lights on. Repeat one more time. What you will see is the persons three positions in one picture WITH a ghosting (transparent) image of the persons movement.

In case you didn't see this post on AT, here's an example of what I'm talking about:

That's one continuous exposure. Who cares really anyways? Why aren't more of us out hunting?[8D]
Old 10-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's one continuous exposure. Who cares really anyways? Why aren't more of us out hunting?
I can't hunt...I am supposed to be working!!

And there is no way in gods green earth that this deer is laying on the ground dead and then laid over a background. You can see the muscles are tensed up and what have you.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

That's one continuous exposure. Who cares really anyways? Why aren't more of us out hunting?
I can't hunt...I am supposed to be working!!

And there is no way in gods green earth that this deer is laying on the ground dead and then laid over a background. You can see the muscles are tensed up and what have you.
Lol, me, too, but I'll be out this evening!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

This was in an article on Prairie State Outdoors....

This picture supposedly came from a 15 year old bow hunter hunting in S.C. The story is that this hunter checked his trail cam the next day and found this photo. What a shot!

All I know is this deer was not gut shot either
Old 10-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

And as far as the flash goes...the deer is standing atleast 6-10 yards from the nearesttrees in the background, there for the deer absorbed more of the flash then the surroundings. That is just how it works. If you accidently leave a twig 5 ft from your trail camera, it will make the picture of the animal at 10' away a little darker.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

That deer must have been shot with a Rage!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Banned

For the record...I believe 100% that this picture is real.
me 2
Old 10-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ
All I know is this deer was not gut shot either
Now that's funny stuff right there.

and yes, I'm supposed to be working too.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:30 PM

I know what ghosting is mate. And your right about that, but you can see also there is no shadow from anything especially the arrow itself. With a flash, such as what is seen in this image there will very well be one from the arrow or the deer itself.
If you zoom all the way it it was clone brushed then an eraser was used to touch up the edges. This is where the humps came from mate. I have seen this thousands of times, and if you try to clean up too much you get this effect. If you did it with single pixel size you wont see it as much.

Im dead set on it being a fake image here. Too much visual evidence on the edges of the deer from a touched up image.

Quick Reply: Check out this picture...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.