HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Check out this picture...
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 12:54 PM
MGH_PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Check out this picture...

ORIGINAL: Tomkat08

Im knowledgeable in photoshop and paintshop. And it is a fact this is a fake image.
You can actually follow the ghosted image of the background trees right through the deer.

No need to look at the blood or anything else really. Also the person that did this is not very good with what ever they are using to make this image lol. They didnt use and extraction method for rendering the image of the deer haha. It was done manually by hand .
No.

Why would the extraction of the REST of the deer (the more difficult areas such as the whispy tail, the dirt in front of the hoof, etc that require a softer mask, or channel selection be perfect? I noticed the humps as well, but I don't believe they're brush strokes. The transparency is called ghosting...it can happen very easily when a long exposure is coupled with a flash of a light source (such as the flash from a camera). Here's a test for you...

Go into a dark room. Get a camera with manual controls, and put it on a tripod. Set the camera to a long exposure (10seconds or so). Have someone in the room standing in the shot. Depress the shutter, then flick the lights on the room, then turn them off. Have the person move to another spot, again flick the lights on. Repeat one more time. What you will see is the persons three positions in one picture WITH a ghosting (transparent) image of the persons movement.

In case you didn't see this post on AT, here's an example of what I'm talking about:

That's one continuous exposure. Who cares really anyways? Why aren't more of us out hunting?[8D]