Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just like to say thank you >

Just like to say thank you

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just like to say thank you

Old 10-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Just like to say thank you

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that posted on the threads about safety harnesses. I have decided to get a harness this week, and hunt a little safer. Anyways, I have a few questions about harnesses.

1. I am looking at the Hunter Safety System Treestalker. Any one have one of these, or have any opinions about them?

2. When using a ladder stand, how do you tie yourself in, while you are climbing up, and down.

3. When it gets colder, and I switch to my heavy clothes, are you wearing the vest over your clothes, or can you where it under them. Just wondering about when the guns come out, and we have to wear orange, and the vest is camo, do I just put it on under my orange stuff.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Just like to say thank you

This is only my second year at this but here's what I do...

If the temps are colder, I'll wear my harness underneath my outermost layer. That way, in the off chance I get too warm, shedding a layer isn't a big deal. Plus, it would make the blaze orange thing easy to deal with.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:12 PM

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that posted on the threads about safety harnesses. I have decided to get a harness this week, and hunt a little safer. Anyways, I have a few questions about harnesses.

1. I am looking at the Hunter Safety System Treestalker. Any one have one of these, or have any opinions about them?

2. When using a ladder stand, how do you tie yourself in, while you are climbing up, and down.

3. When it gets colder, and I switch to my heavy clothes, are you wearing the vest over your clothes, or can you where it under them. Just wondering about when the guns come out, and we have to wear orange, and the vest is camo, do I just put it on under my orange stuff.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
I wear the vest underneath the outer layers and feed the tether up out the back of your neck, works fine...might rip the coat if you fall, but a camo jacket is the least of your worries at that point.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Treestalker model and actually think it's better than the more expensive Pro model due to the fact the Pro model has the mesh that will get hung up in briars and on the tree bark itself as you are leaning against the tree your in. And it's a breeze to put on and off.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

I use the same system and it works great. As previously stated when it gets cold i wear the vest under my coat and feed the strap out the back of the neck of the coat. For climbing up and down a ladder stand i would get a caribiner and hook it through the strap on the vest and as you go up just hook it on the next rung of the ladder and adjust as you go. Good luck.

hope this helps
Tom
Old 10-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the input guys, I plan on having one before I climb into my stand next time.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone else use this harness?