Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 1st Annual Tuff Bow Competition >

1st Annual Tuff Bow Competition

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

1st Annual Tuff Bow Competition

Old 10-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 1st Annual Tuff Bow Competition

I spoke of this earlier and now its time to get it going. I am planning on hosting the first (that I know of) ever Bow Biatholon here at my place in South Central Iowa. I would like to do it in June orJulyof 2009 and need to know if there is enough interest to make it a fun event for everyone. I have enough ground here to take care of those who want to come and tent camp. Here is the concept:

Categories:
Pro Men (Competition archers)
Pro Women (Competition archers)
Senior Men (45 and over)
Senior Women (45 and over)
Adult Male (18 - 44)
Adult Female (18 - 44)
Teens (13 - 17)
Juniors (12 and under)

A course is set up that is approximately one mile long with targets ranging in distance from 10 - 60 yards. Each contestant will make their way through the course with time deductions for hitting the bullseye and time added for missing the target. Some targets will be sitting even with the shooter, some lower and some higher. After making it through the hilly first half of the course, the contestant will make their way to the finish line where the final (80 yard) target awaits them. The person with the lowest time wins. It has been suggested that the entry fee be set at $35. The person coming in first for each category receiving 40%, second - 30%, and third place 20%. The remaining 10% going for trophys.

All contestants will use the bow they use for hunting (except for the Pro Division).

For those in the junior category, they must have a parent or legal guardian accompany them on their way around the course for safety reasons and the course is modified to a shorter course.

This is only open to registered members and their families.

If you are interested, please check all the weekends that are open for you and I will then go with the majority.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 10-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 1st Bow Biatholon

Ah yes! I mentioned something about this last winter, and would love to compete in it. However, between a wedding and trying to buy a home this summer, I won't be making any trips out your way any time soon. Good luck with it! It's a great idea, but then again, I'm a bit biased
Old 10-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

Ah yes! I mentioned something about this last winter, and would love to compete in it. However, between a wedding and trying to buy a home this summer, I won't be making any trips out your way any time soon. Good luck with it! It's a great idea, but then again, I'm a bit biased
Weddings come and go. Houses you can buy anytime. But to be part of the Inauguration event only comes once in a lifetime!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Spike

Where in Iowa do you live? I live in Northeast Iowa and think this is a great idea. We are expecting our fourth child next year and don't know if we would make the first one, but I think it is still a good way to get people with common interests together. Good Luck
Old 10-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live North of Chariton and South of Knoxville.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:06 PM

The only problem I can think of is the annual HNI get together is in June......It would be awfully difficult to get away twice in the same month.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Bartender

Looking at June 27th weekend and a diff name for it.
Just an F.Y.I.

T
Old 10-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

its alittle far away time wise for me to set a date but i would defintely do it. even though i know i aint gonna hit an 80 yard target unless you put it on the side of a barn.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to come up and shoot. (plus youguys would probably get a kick out of my shooting as well) I could justify the expense as looking at it as a way to cheer up others and plus I love to visit that part of the country. I could work the schedule to fit around any of those weeks but (and here's the kicker) I would prefer to do a little scouting while I am there. Do you have any neighbor's that do week leases or would let a guy pay to hunt? I know a lot of you guys hate leasing etc. etc. and while I understand your sentiment, I feel awkward about asking someone to "give me" what I see to be as a valuable commodity. That's why I usually ask to pay. Sorry, not meaning to rob the thread....
Old 10-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funny thing about Iowa, if they rent/lease you the land, they are liable if you're injured. If they let you hunt for free, they are not.

Quick Reply: 1st Annual Tuff Bow Competition

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.