Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Real men shave their armpits! >

Real men shave their armpits!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Real men shave their armpits!

Old 10-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Real men shave their armpits!

What good is it to shave your armpits? To be honest I think it would make your scent control have adverse effects rather than your desired result. When you have stench from your armpits it is because their is bacteria growing under your arms. (bacteria grows best in dark moist places and can grow very quickly, So within a 6 hour period some can get B.O.) Your armpit hair, (as long as it is clean to begin with) helps dry your armpits and keeps the bacteria from forming as quickly, so by shaving it, wouldnt you be inhibiting bacteria growth and therefor increasing odor from your armpits...? I'm just going out on a limb and thinking you should just buy some odorless deodorent and keep your pit hair. Youre pry doing more bad than good.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

My younger brother is a non-hunter and has been shaving his pits for a looong time! He says it totally cuts down on odor so apparently he's a believer. He's even talked his wife into being a believer (Nuff said!)

Personally, I'm not shaving the pits. I shower well and often and use scent free soap and shampoo and utilize my Scent-Lok gear too. Sorry, but no way!!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

I shave em year round, number one because i train alotas well asfor hunting. Its simple and it cuts down on odor alot.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

What good is it to shave your armpits? To be honest I think it would make your scent control have adverse effects rather than your desired result. When you have stench from your armpits it is because their is bacteria growing under your arms. (bacteria grows best in dark moist places and can grow very quickly, So within a 6 hour period some can get B.O.) Your armpit hair, (as long as it is clean to begin with) helps dry your armpits and keeps the bacteria from forming as quickly, so by shaving it, wouldnt you be inhibiting bacteria growth and therefor increasing odor from your armpits...? I'm just going out on a limb and thinking you should just buy some odorless deodorent and keep your pit hair. Youre pry doing more bad than good.

At the end of the day, as I'm lifting my arms toremovemy shirt to take a shower, I always noticed the "stink level" is far greater when my pits have a healthy 6" swath of sweat ebedded hair.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:03 PM

Congrats! I've never seen this topic before on any hunting forum, anywhere[X(]

This is the most confidential information I have ever given

I keep myself neatly trimmed, if not totally shaven, regardless of hunting.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Season opens 10/18. I go for my annual butt wax on the 17th. NOT!!!

So you all shave your heads then? Pshhht. I bet not.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

My head is buzzed and any other kind of hair that falls into the pube category is trimmed very short (legs and arms not included).
Old 10-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 10-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The scent away deodorant clots up into big clumps in my pit hair. That's got to be a good thing
Old 10-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you pit shavers have some underlying psycological reason to undertake such an action.

Do you shave everywhere on your body??Scary!!! A Pal-O-Mine
accomplishes the same thing by slathering his whole body with Nair. In any event a real man would opt for a waxing...

Quick Reply: Real men shave their armpits!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.