Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Worst thing you forgot >

Worst thing you forgot

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Worst thing you forgot

Old 10-14-2008, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Worst thing you forgot

Release!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

this is the story of my season so far, I never have much time from getting off work to getting home grabbing a bite to eat and my gear before heading to the stand....so everyday is different for me....release, grunts, gloves, I would say the release is the most important thing I have left though so far
Old 10-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

My pull up cord.luckly i knew before i left the truck and i had some braided string in my truck so i used that instead
Old 10-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

forgot my arrows one year, 90 mins away, yeah I wasnt driving back. And to boot, my dad had some other arrows in the garage, I went to shoot to see if there was much difference from mine, my bow blew up on me. Great weekend, let me tell ya. [:@]
Old 10-14-2008, 12:31 PM

Well here it is. Just happened Sunday morning. My first morning hunt this year. I just get my bow pulled up and see that there is no quiver attached which means no arrows. I tell my cameraman he won't believe what I forgot (I'll omit the real words used there). He takes off to get them since he is still on the ground. It gets shooting light before he makes it back, and of course a doe strolls by at 15 yards!
Old 10-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

forgot my license.

I shot a buck on Thanksgiving. Went to tag him and realized i had left my license on the counter of the hunting/fishing shop when i checked my doe in the day before. Since it was thanksgiving the store was closed.
Before i moved the deer I called the DNR which had an officer on duty and they told me they would log my call and to make sure i check it the next day. They said if i was stopped by an officerthen have them call back to the DNR and they would confirm the previous call
Went to the shop the next day and the guy had my license in his drawer. Checked the deer. all was good
Old 10-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

2002 went on a moose hunt in ontario near a small town called jelicoe. 4th morning about 35 miles down endless logging roads while unloading my 4-wheeler i realized i left it setting on a small bench outside our cabin. my father was nice enough to let use his and he went grouse hunting with our outfitter. the day before my cousin drove his into a creek and tore up a wire harness, losing 4 wheel drive, heat power windows and a bunch of other stuff. so he was taking his truck to thunder bay to get it fixed. he left after we did and noticed my gun. he grabbed it and while bringing to me he ran into my father. to make a long story short he shot a bull moose with my gun.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

here is the picture.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:12 PM

Havent forgot anything important during bowhunting but during rifle hunting one year my grandpa drove me out to the blind and i hoped out grabed the gun case and hedrove off to his blind which was about ten miles away. No communication between us. I opened the case and it was my uncles 30-06. My rifle which is the one i had ammo for was a 30-30. We had the same case and i just happened to grab the wrong case. He wasnt hunting that day so it didnt affect him. So all i could do was sit and wait in the woods till gramps came and picked me up. Saw a lot of deer that day too. Mostly does and a couple spikes. It was cool to just sit and watch them though.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Spike

this is funny now but at the time was enought to make me sick....my younger brother and i were hunting about 150 yards on the first weekend of bow season last year on public land . about ten am he called me on the radio to tell me he stuck a monster(was in reality a 130 class) so i told him stay in your stand and make a note of where he was when you shot him and where you last saw him and i will come and help ya track him . we found the buck about 35 yards from his stand . perfect day right ? (his first deer and i would have ratherseen him get one than to kill one myself )
here is where things start to go south . we get the deer to the truck bout lunch time and go to find the rest of the hunting party , who were hunting about a mile away ,
we met them as they were coming out for lunch and after alot of atta boys and high fives we started back to camp
after about three miles on the road my6 brother says "STOPTHE TRUCK!!" apparently he had taken his bow out of the truck for some pics and left it on top of the camper shell
needless to say to bow wasnt there , and we never did find it
the moral of this story is , dont forget your bow .......lol

fair chase or whats the point

Quick Reply: Worst thing you forgot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.