Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 deer blowing at you >

deer blowing at you

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer blowing at you

Old 10-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: deer blowing at you

I dont completely believe that once a deer blows your hunt is over??!!
It doesnt happen to me much, but it did actually happen to me this year. I got settled in my stand and had a deer blow at me from probably 15yrds behind me?? I dont know, I was in an area too thick to see anything behind me?!!!!!

It wasnt 20mins later had a small 8pt come in, 20mins later had a 4pt come in from "blowing" direction, 20mins later had another small 4pt come in?? Then again the deer blowing could have been blowing at something else not me, but I am convinced that if a deer blows your hunt is not particularly over. It doesnt help, but it is no reason to completely give up on the spot!!!

Gd Luck!!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

It depends. Ive already been blown at twice this season but It was two different groups of does and both groups came back down the same trail two days later. One of them is in the freezer right nowso I wouldn't say that getting busted makes it game over at all. Don't get me wrong though, getting busted sucks.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

I had a doe blow when she crossed where i walkied into my stand beacause im guessing she smelt me, but she looked around after she blew a few times then put her head down again and kept eating. this was just last weekend, but for the most part even if they stick around they're then pretty much on full alert.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:17 PM

I had a deer blow last year on a morning hunt at about 8:30.(only time i got busted the entire year that i was aware of). This deer blew and stomped for approx 5 minutes in which I had no visual. At 8:40 i had 7 does come in and I shot the biggest one in the bunch. Then while I was waiting to climb down i had 2 small bucks and 4 more does come in within the next 30 minutes. Would have taken more deer but you must tag each deer before you harvest the next in Ohio.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I figured i was pretty much busted for that hunt and it was getting to dark to have time for them to possibly circle back . I'm going to try it again maybe tomorrow but a little further over where i seen them come out and see if i can put one in the freezer. I hope it works this time because it is getting darker earlier and earlier. Pretty soon they will be coming out when it is to dark to shoot . then i'll haveto figure something different