Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite part of the hunt? >

Favorite part of the hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite part of the hunt?

Old 10-09-2008, 07:23 PM

Default RE: Favorite part of the hunt?

My Favorite part of the actual Hunt are those magical minutes at the very beginning and very end of legal shooting light. I always imagine a big buck being on the move at that time, and my anticipation levels are always at the highest at these times, just knowing the big boys are on the move makes it that much more exciting.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE, the best part of my hunt is sitting watching all the animals. Going hunting with my dad usually means i sit and watch after him and drag and gut his deer, but i wouldnt trade that time with my dad for the world, my best part of hunting.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RockinChair

Guys- what is your favorite part of the HUNT- The actual sitting in blind/stand waiting for a whitetail. Not hunting season- cause without a doubt my favorite part of hunting SEASON is time spent with family around the camp, I would gladly trade a shot at a monster for time around camp with my dad and brother.

But like I said- the actual hunt. For me- I've always had a strong fascination with the natural world and I love nothing more than just sitting back and observing nature and the way every aspect of wildlife eventually can be related to one another- that's my favorite part. Regardless of temperature, slow deer movement or a busted hunt- I can't imagine anything more perfect than being surrounded by the natural world.

Of course- the anticipation and butterflies I get when I see even the glimpse of a deer ranks pretty high up there too.

So, what's your favorite part of the 'hunt'?
that preaty much covers it... i mean one of the best parts of season is hangin out w/ friends playin poker and watchin fires and football
Old 10-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RockinChair

Guys- what is your favorite part of the HUNT- The actual sitting in blind/stand waiting for a whitetail. Not hunting season- cause without a doubt my favorite part of hunting SEASON is time spent with family around the camp, I would gladly trade a shot at a monster for time around camp with my dad and brother.

But like I said- the actual hunt. For me- I've always had a strong fascination with the natural world and I love nothing more than just sitting back and observing nature and the way every aspect of wildlife eventually can be related to one another- that's my favorite part. Regardless of temperature, slow deer movement or a busted hunt- I can't imagine anything more perfect than being surrounded by the natural world.

Of course- the anticipation and butterflies I get when I see even the glimpse of a deer ranks pretty high up there too.

So, what's your favorite part of the 'hunt'?
I would much rather be at camp telling everyone about my shot at a monster buck. Can I have my cake and eat it too? lol
Old 10-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I think my favorite is listening to the woods come alive in the morning.
I would have to agree with this quote! +1
Old 10-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoy all the parts of hunting, but have to admit the best part is taking a nice buck.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

My favorite part is when it's quiet, and you hear the snap of a small twig, and you KNOW it's a deer coming! But you have to wait for it to get closer until you can seewhat it is.I love that part!
I gotta agree with Jeff on this part too!!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love every aspect of hunting from the prep to the actual hunt but my favorite part will always be when it all comes together and I get the opportunity to make the kill.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I think my favorite is listening to the woods come alive in the morning.
x2 here. There's nothing like it. I love being tucked away in a stand with nature going on as it normally would...without the animals ever knowing I was there. Seeing nature being natural is awesome!

Oh, I do love the sound of crunch, crunch, crunch, THWACK!!
Old 10-10-2008, 08:01 AM

I also love spending time in the outdoors, but my favorite part of hunting is spending time with my dad brother and others whom i hunt with at camp. coming back to hear the stories of everyones hunt, sitting around a fire cooking food ect. In the woods, i enjoy everything, being able to see hear and experiance things that so many other people dont ever get to see or just take for granted is priceless in my book and is a humbling experience.