Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9. >

I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning.

Thats crazy, glad you are ok. Calling the cops might have been a good idea, the guy could be off his meds or something. And last I checked, some states may be different, but if its not gun season, you cant carry a gun while bow hunting. Could face a fine for that. Its a touchy situation.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:30 AM

OMG that is freaking nuts!!! Where are you at in Central PA Ryan? I live in Bellefonte just outside of State College. I agree with Rob you should have called the Cops and the PGC. The PGC may not be able to do anything but atleast they are aware then that there may be some possible wrongdoing going on in your area. I m sorry to hear about your hunt being ruined. That is a scary thing. I had sort of a similar encounter on State Forest Land near snow shoe a number of years back. Its not a fun feeling thats for sure.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe there is a Meth Lab in the woods close by or something.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:35 AM

ORIGINAL: dstubb

Exactly what I was thinking. Sadly we have way too much of that around here.[&o]There are labs scatteredall over the woods in this area.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dstubb

That's a great possibility...I found where one used to be while bow hunting, (@ the time thought it was still working) , and I got the hell out and called the sheriff. I don't want to be in the woods with people like that. He maybe one of the smart ones and dressed in camo to have an excuse for being there. I report it and maybe walk the woods with a buddy to see what you find....armed of course. Either way that's a tough spot to be in...hard to tell what his deal was.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

You really need to call and report this. It does not matter if you can describe him or not. The fact is the guy pulled a hand gun and that is just crazy. You said you thought he watched you walk to your house, so you can figure he knows where you live at. This is not about giving up a hunting spot, this is about a guy pointing a gun atyou. YOU NEED TO CALL THE POLICE AND FILE A REPORT!!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

I wouldn't of called the Law either, it's your word against his so he maybe would get a slap on the wrist is all. He'd sure know who turned him in and being that he's a shady character anyway, he'd do something in retaliation. Not worth it.

I'd do some investigating and find out who the dude is and take it from there. I think I'd freaked out on the spot and confronted him but who knows, he might just be crazy enough to shoot someone?? I'd asked him what he was so darn worked up about.

I wouldn't go back in there for sure.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

Im a lost for words on this one...
Old 10-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

I have friends in law enforcement. I would have followed him and at least got his license plate # if he had a car. If no car, Iwould have followed him till I had positive ID for my cop buddies. You can't let this go. He may harm someone the next time! No one pulls a gun on me or my family andgets a way with it. He was probably a druggy. You have the right to protect yourself!

Quick Reply: I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.