HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/267202-i-had-guy-pull-gun-me-morning-police-phone-call-page-9-a.html)

my7pointmonster 10-09-2008 08:04 AM

I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.

This morning I went behind my house to hunt, I diddnt see anything, so at 9:00 as scheduled, I call my friend and see what he saw and if we are going to link up.

Well I left my guard down completely, and we talked for about 5-6 minutes, and I hung up the phone, well I was like forget this im outta here, I bend down and start pulling my draw rope up and I get it to me and I catch movement out of the corner of my eye, I turned to the left and see a guy walking, and I can see that he dosent have any arrows with him but he's carrying a bow, and the bow looks like its broken, i mean the limb looked 100% cracked for sure. So I'm like o.k. Theirs something fishey going on here, and I dont like this one bit, my hearts pounding out of my chest, and he's sneaking along, but then he looks my way and see's me, well as soon as he did he turned and threw his arms in disgust, and then he looks back looks away and started swearing, Im like hollie crap what do I do?? So I dont move or anything, I just sit there solid as a rock, but my hearts pounding out of my chest, anyhow, I sit there and I'm watching him F this and F that, I dont have good hearing so at 20 yards I cant pickup what he's mumbling, and he looks back at me and reaches down to his side and pulls a pistol... Im like ohh my god I'm going to get shot and noone knows I'm here.

He's waving his gun around F this and F that I still diddnt say anything I couldnt think of anything to say either, So he eventually starts real slow pacing back and fourth, he stops turns and walks away all huffy, and is still F this and F that (i think)

Im like OK its time to go.... NOW.

So I climb down throw all my gear together, and I took the back way out... I'll tell you what I'm gonna be a little shy about going to hunt there again. I'll tell you what I havent been that scared since my climber slipped

I know what everyone is going to say "why diddnt you call the cops?" I diddnt because what would I say??? I was hunting and a guy who was hunting came walking up and then started waving a pistol? no officer I diddnt get a description as he was wearing glove facemask and I've never seen him before (This spot is behind my house btw so I know all the locals) So reguardless Im not going to call the cops or anything just steer clear of this place for a while.

Ryan.

bawanajim 10-09-2008 08:06 AM

RE: I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning.

Who owns the land?

bbairborne 10-09-2008 08:07 AM

Did you put an arrow in him? :) That is crazy. I would have bailed too.

buttonbuckmaster 10-09-2008 08:09 AM

Did he have a gun or point a gun at you? Big difference IMO.

my7pointmonster 10-09-2008 08:09 AM

names Mike he dosent care who hunts it and dosent put any signs up saying ask for permission just sorta a Show up and hunt kind of place.

my7pointmonster 10-09-2008 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

more Waving it at me like pointing/waving it in my direction

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-09-2008 08:12 AM

I totally disagree and would have called the cops. By leaving and letting that place go, he wins and that was his entire agenda. You could have described him to the cops as you sat there and he walked around cursing. He would have seen your phone and probably high tailed it out of there. If you have a right to be there and he doesn't, your simply letting that moron win and that's a shame.

buttonbuckmaster 10-09-2008 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

Wow. Sounds like a Muzzy Moment waiting to happen.:DYou need to call the cops. Why the hesitation? We you breaking the law by hunting there?

my7pointmonster 10-09-2008 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

Wow. Sounds like a Muzzy Moment waiting to happen.:DYou need to call the cops. Why the hesitation? We you breaking the law by hunting there?
No but I'm fairly sure that he was watching me as I was walking back home, the way I took is a more direct route to my house and its easy to see from the entire woods. So I dont want to have some dude breaking down my door and comming to finish the job as dumb as that sounds I realllllyyyyy dont feel like getting shot over some stupid hunting spot.... And my neighbor (who is a cop) was telling me that their was some new people moved into the trailerpark that have criminal records (yay) I may go talk to him and see what he says I think that would be the best way to do it. He gets home around 4 so

Ryan.

SwampCollie 10-09-2008 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I totally disagree and would have called the cops. By leaving and letting that place go, he wins and that was his entire agenda. You could have described him to the cops as you sat there and he walked around cursing. He would have seen your phone and probably high tailed it out of there. If you have a right to be there and he doesn't, your simply letting that moron win and that's a shame.
I absolutely agree with Rob here. There is no excuse... NONE for anyone to behave that way, EVER. If you were on land you have permission to hunt, and especially right behind your HOME of all places, then you seriously need to at least report it, or make the landowner aware of the situation.