Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 *Tips for all-day sits* >

*Tips for all-day sits*

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

*Tips for all-day sits*

Old 10-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default *Tips for all-day sits*

Folks, I see that some of you sit all day, and some don't. Some don't want to, and some want to, but just don't.

Since I've been sitting all day, I've seen more and shot more animals.

Some tips:

1-Be comfy. I take a backpack and put everything I need to sit all day. Notepad and paper. Yahtzee. Snack, with water. Binos.
2-When times get tough, tell yourself "just another 15 minutes" and keep telling yourself that.
3-Get high. You have to move sometimes. When you're higher in the tree, you get away with more movement. When I'm 22ft high, in good cover, I can do just about anything. Sit every 20 minutes.
4-A small book will work wonders. Check around after each page, if you must.

For the rest of you "all-dayers" PLEASE contribute your tips, if you wish!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: *Tips for all-day sits*

Keep warm.

You'll be less miserable that way....

Sure makes the time pass if your watching a squirrel or chipmunk also, pick one in particular out and watch it see if you can pick something out spacific about it, I did that last night and the one I picked got ate by a bobcat... talk about passing time, I dont remember the last 30 minutes of the hunt. I was in the Adrenaline zone

Ryan.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

i kept tryin to come up w/ more tips but i think you got it preaty mcuh covered
Old 10-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ICALL2MUCH

Folks, I see that some of you sit all day, and some don't. Some don't want to, and some want to, but just don't.

Since I've been sitting all day, I've seen more and shot more animals.

Some tips:

1-Be comfy. I take a backpack and put everything I need to sit all day. Notepad and paper. Yahtzee. Snack, with water. Binos.
2-When times get tough, tell yourself "just another 15 minutes" and keep telling yourself that.
3-Get high. You have to move sometimes. When you're higher in the tree, you get away with more movement. When I'm 22ft high, in good cover, I can do just about anything. Sit every 20 minutes.
4-A small book will work wonders. Check around after each page, if you must.

For the rest of you "all-dayers" PLEASE contribute your tips, if you wish!
Mine...

1. Enjoy nature, i.e. being away from thefreakin' office.
2. Mental discipline. (no Yahtzee required - I keep my mind occupied with the task at hand, the possible rewards and other reflections/contemplations.)
3. Pay attention and keep scanning. (Halfway through the page of that bookis when the one you're looking for is going to move through in stealth mode).
Old 10-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

good advice
Old 10-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

1) Stay comfortable----good stand, dress right (you can always take clothes off but you can't put them on if you ain't got them)
2) Pack some snacks and water----i know many who drink coffee but I can't stand the stuff[:'(]
3) For me I need something to entertain me during those long stretches. Like said earlier watching a squirrel, some birds, playing some kind of game, reading a book,anything. This year I have a smart phone with internet access for the stands that I have service on....i think huntingnet.com might be to big of a distratction though.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't eat all your food at once. I always make the mistake of chowing down on everything I packed by noon and I'm starving again by 3.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

I have an iphone that i take with me, for safety.

I film stuff with my camera to pass the time.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't be afraid to get down and move your stand...the action could be just one ridge away.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

My favorite way to pass time on all day sits is to take pictures and video. I like trying to take pictures that my wife and family will anjoy when I get home. You can go back to the pictures and remember what went on throughout the course of the day. I always date them and file them on my computer. It's funny, I can go back to years past and look at the pictures and remember nearly everything about that day. It is like a diary with pictures.

Quick Reply: *Tips for all-day sits*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.