Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 *Tips for all-day sits* >

*Tips for all-day sits*

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

*Tips for all-day sits*

Old 10-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: *Tips for all-day sits*

1)fantasize about a good buck sighting or letting an arrow go at him, while soaking up my surroundings in nature, repeat, over and over and over.
2)I text the hell out of my gf on long hunts to pass the time. she probably hates it, or loves it one, but it passes the time well. the worst thing about it though is when you look up from using a phone u have no depth perception or clarity in your vision. or at least i dont!it takes me like 15 seconds to get it all back into perspective.
Derek
Old 10-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

i do the first one a little too much
Old 10-08-2008, 10:29 PM

Don't forget your pee bottle.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

I like the idea of taking pictures. There is nothing like watching the woods come alive in the morning. Seeing the sun come up over the treesisa beautiful site.I got one of those smart phones this year too, so it should be interesting being able to surf the internet and text. Although I'm not much of a texter, I'm sure it will come in handy. Also, I've tried I cannot read or play video games while hunting because I'm afraid of missing something.

It also helps to haveradioes and hunt with buddies. Talking back and forth reduces the boredom and finding out that other guys are seeing deerwill keep you in your seat. Just talk very softly, the new microphones work great.

One more thing....Don't forget to say a prayer while you are enjoying God's work!
Old 10-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

I often try to come up with ideas....something that will make me a more efficient/effective hunter, something that could possible make lots of $$$ so I could sit all day-everyday!! This often gets me through the day....and just the fact that I'm not working is often enough.

The other tip for sitting all day would be to sit in an "all day" spot. I'm not sure I could sit all day in an area that I did not think could have the possibility of all day movement. I have sit in places allday knowing that the only movement would be the last hour of light and that makes for a loooonnnnggggg day. I've only done it a couple of times during early season when I was on a good buck that I thought was bedding too close to the food for daylight access.

Sitting all day is one of my favorite things to do....and I see as much movement from 11-2 as I do at dawn and dusk.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:46 AM

I usually.....fall asleep. Especially when the sun is hitting you just right and you are warm and tired. I dont get to be outside very often anymore and it is nice just to be there. But sleeping does pass the time, and you are still excited enough to shoot awake if you hear anything.