Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 G5 Striker Entrance Wounds >

G5 Striker Entrance Wounds

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 Striker Entrance Wounds

Old 10-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Spike

Default G5 Striker Entrance Wounds

Any of you guys have any pictures of entrance OR exit wounds? I've been hunting so hard lately and just seem to not see deer at all. I've been itching to shoot at squirrels. Post them pictures up of these bad boys will ya.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Spike

Default RE: G5 Striker Entrance Wounds

Why aren't you worried about seeing more deer? Whys it matter what kind of damage your broadheads do if you never see anything to shoot them at? Control your scent, hunt the wind, be patient and get in your stand early. Then maybe you'll be able see how your broadheads work. Also don't recommend shooting at squirrels if you really want to see any deer. Good Luck
Old 10-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

I don't have a picture of a hole, but I use G5 Strikers. The hole is pretty similar to what you'd see with another similar size fixed blade, like a Muzzy MX-3. I shota doe last Friday and she had an entrance hole a little larger than a quarter and an exit hole about the size of a half doller. Not as big as a Rage hole, but more than enought to get the job done. I've been really pleased with the G5 Strikers. They group right in with the FTs and are quieter than Muzzys - in my opinion.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice post fleming. Not everyone has big time properties to hunt. I remember going 5-6 sits last year before seeing deer. Best of luck to you monster6. HE was asking about entrance holes, not your opinion on why he wasn't seeing deer.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Nice post fleming. Not everyone has big time properties to hunt. I remember going 5-6 sits last year before seeing deer. Best of luck to you monster6. HE was asking about entrance holes, not your opinion on why he wasn't seeing deer.

EXACTLY I'm with you virginiashadow, not everyone hunts on private own hundredly acres full of deer. I was just wondering how these broadheads work. I dont need your lecture about not seeing deer. that wasnt my question in the first place. And oh yeah one more thing, I quote "I've been itching to shoot at squirrels." That doesnt mean that I'm actually shooting at them. I think you need some glasses or take some reading classes fleming.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Spike

I do wish I had multiple proprieties that are full of deer, I've seen more deer by far on public land this year. Point is I didn't intend to try to tell anyone how to hunt. I was merely suggesting that he may have his priorities crossed up. Everyone knows G5 broadheads will get the job done. I apoligize monster, for coming across as an @$$hole "expert" or "guide" type, I am the farthest from being either. Again, Good Luck to you guys.

Hey monster check out this link, many entrance/exit pics, including G5 strikers
http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=355701&messages=46&for um=7

Old 10-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nfleming399

I do wish I had multiple proprieties that are full of deer, I've seen more deer by far on public land this year. Point is I didn't intend to try to tell anyone how to hunt. I was merely suggesting that he may have his priorities crossed up. Everyone knows G5 broadheads will get the job done. I apoligize monster, for coming across as an @$$hole "expert" or "guide" type, I am the farthest from being either. Again, Good Luck to you guys.

Hey monster check out this link, many entrance/exit pics, including G5 strikers
http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=355701&messages=46&for um=7
Great pics!! Good post nfleming!!