Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Minnesota Monster....230" >

Minnesota Monster....230"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Minnesota Monster....230"

Old 10-07-2008, 03:25 PM

Default RE: Minnesota Monster....230"

I will try to make this clear for anyone that is confused. The 230 5/8 score is gross Non Typical.It will end up with a Net Non Typical score close to 220". That is all that is known now. It is not being scored as a typical so no rumors for possible world records! It is a mainframe 12 point with 11 "extra" tines and most of them are around the bases and brows.

I am "Swens" who the guy that shot this buck referred to. He and I are great friends and hunt together. He and I set up my Reconyx trail cam and have over 500 pics of this buck in the last month or so. We also hung the stand together and planned a way to get him an opportunity on this buck. The trail cam pics and more about this buck will be on the "other" site pretty soon. Thanks for your time.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow what a giant that is a great buck
[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: swens

I will try to make this clear for anyone that is confused. The 230 5/8 score is gross Non Typical.It will end up with a Net Non Typical score close to 220". That is all that is known now. It is not being scored as a typical so no rumors for possible world records! It is a mainframe 12 point with 11 "extra" tines and most of them are around the bases and brows.

I am "Swens" who the guy that shot this buck referred to. He and I are great friends and hunt together. He and I set up my Reconyx trail cam and have over 500 pics of this buck in the last month or so. We also hung the stand together and planned a way to get him an opportunity on this buck. The trail cam pics and more about this buck will be on the "other" site pretty soon. Thanks for your time.
Hey there Swens!

It's crazy that a guy has got to come on a website to post what you just did. People are crazy with there assumptions!! Why some people can't except what the OP has posted Is beyond me.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

It's crazy that a guy has got to come on a website to post what you just did. People are crazy with there assumptions!! Why some people can't except what the OP has posted Is beyond me.
Good Call!

Old 10-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

HOLY COW! That's a monster. I would fall out of the tree.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:13 PM

That fella was taken about 5 miles from my hunting ground. I've even seen that deer along the road at night driving through the little town he came from. All congrats to that hunter. He was a town legend thats for sure!!!

Only bad part is that it put this little area of the state on the map just a little bit more.......[:@]
Old 10-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

where was it taken?

23 points? i stare and stare at that those pictures and I just don't see it. there's some tiny junk at the bases but they look more like bumps then scoreable points. i can't wait for some clearer pics. i still wonder how it's going to make 230. either way, buck of a lifetime (especially in minnesota). congrats to the hunter!

*** update ****
i've seen more pictures of this buck. there's 23 points. the pictures posted on this thread really don't do the buck justice. there's a lot of junk by the brows.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Spike

wow, dude that is a freakin mondter, congrats to him
Old 10-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

holy smokes that thing is huge!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I can say is wow

Quick Reply: Minnesota Monster....230"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.