Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Minnesota Monster....230" >

Minnesota Monster....230"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Minnesota Monster....230"

Old 10-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Spike

Default RE: Minnesota Monster....230"

Lets wait and see about your last comment!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: JPMHUNTER

Lets wait and see about your last comment!
Fair enough, but what I read on the other forum was someone who was genuinely humbled by the fact he was able to take a deer like that.

Edit: Added his statement....

Thanks to everyone........ [/align] [hr] Who responded to my buck. I am very proud of him, he has been a "legend" in our town. Many have seen but nobody has ever got on him 'til now. Swens was a big help to me and together we worked out a plan to take him. I gotta say, a lot of homework was done and I have never been so confident in a setup, even though when the whole story comes out it will be hard to believe. Part of me is sad that he is gone, he has given us a lot over the years to talk about, but I feel he was taken with pride and skill and of course luck. I was blessed that day, but the real deal is having people to share it with, friends and family. Don't ever take things for granted like your children, family, or friends, cause they can disappear as fast as this buck did, enjoy everyday like it is your last. I am thankful for everything I have, I mean think about it, I was healthy enought to walk to a stand, climb into it, and do what I did. That is what some people dream of, whether a deer walked by or not, so 'thanks' for being a part of this and I will hopefully meet all of you soon!
Billiardboy [/align]

Old 10-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Spike

I read it, and I will agree with you and everyone else. Did you happen to catch this other post from someone that apears to know him?

That us definately a "TV" buck, one that everyone will be talking about. I wouldn't doubt if Ben will be geting calls from "North American Whitetail" for his story. Get every endorsement you can and enjoy the moment. Congrats again.

Out [/align]
Old 10-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am speechless, what an amazing deer!! Holy cow. Great job to hunt and harvest such a wise old deer.

Shane
Old 10-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Whatever happened to let them go so they can grow ? lol. What a pig. Congrats toyour friend.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:09 PM

I read it, and I will agree with you and everyone else. Did you happen to catch this other post from someone that apears to know him?

That us definately a "TV" buck, one that everyone will be talking about. I wouldn't doubt if Ben will be geting calls from "North American Whitetail" for his story. Get every endorsement you can and enjoy the moment. Congrats again.

Out
I didn't see that one, but the poster is right on the money with his assumption. NAW or the NAHC will probably be asking for some promo shots of some kind, as well as many other companies. And let's be fair, most of us would take the money thrown at us in this situation, who couldn't use the money? I know there will be some hunting purists out there that will say he would never take the money, he would never sell out, blah blah blah. But let's be honest here, you can't tell me with 100% certainty what you would do until the moment of truth comes.

Why? Because the circumstances will change from the time you read this and respond to next time you're out in the woods. This will probably be a short period of time, yet things will change. This is why no one can tell me for certain exactly what they would do when a potential chance of a lifetime is handed to them - everything changes.

The test will be after it's all said and done. Did his feelings change about the buck? Did his feelings change towards those who helped him? Would he make the same decisions in retrospect? We won't know. But he will - and He's the one that has to live with it.

My original post was nothing more than appluading a man who showed some class and gave some credit to those who helped him and gave great advice to others who share our passion.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

Out

JPMHUNTER,

Those two don't know each other.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Spike

I would be all over the endorsements!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

You know....I gotta say.

After reading what some have said on probably more than 5-10 websites about the shooter and his buck, I can honestly see why some guys would say that they would never tell a soul about a buck like this if they shot one. Some of the comments and what not really astound me(not specifically here, but in general). I've never had a buddy shoot a buck of this caliber before, so I guess that I never had any personal attachment to the "big buck" threads in the past.

Sure puts a different spin on things when you know the shooter, know deep down he's a good man and know everything is 100% legit and on the up and up. So much of hunting today is wrapped around stats. What did the buck score, what's the spread, what's the G3 length, etc... Seems like with some, that's all that matters. I guess that's hunting today. Like it or not.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Xtec Shooter

You know....I gotta say.

After reading what some have said on probably more than 5-10 websites about the shooter and his buck, I can honestly see why some guys would say that they would never tell a soul about a buck like this if they shot one. Some of the comments and what not really astound me(not specifically here, but in general). I've never had a buddy shoot a buck of this caliber before, so I guess that I never had any personal attachment to the "big buck" threads in the past.

Sure puts a different spin on things when you know the shooter, know deep down he's a good man and know everything is 100% legit and on the up and up. So much of hunting today is wrapped around stats. What did the buck score, what's the spread, what's the G3 length, etc... Seems like with some, that's all that matters. I guess that's hunting today. Like it or not.
Well said, that's why I was defending him.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Monster....230"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.